Which is best choice for PE construction course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John123

Reaction score
Hi,

which the best course to pass PE construction ( breadth and depth)

School of Pe or EET ?

i dont have alot of money to waste 🥺

EET is or at least used to be much cheaper than SoPE. The EET depth course was very thorough and helpful. Based on what I've seen and read there seems to be 2 different teaching philosophies between the 2 courses. EET broke everything down and taught what you needed to know whereas SoPE seemed to be more of a refresher course assuming you know some of the material and how to solve problems.

I did SoPE for Construction Depth and have no complaints. The Depth instructor George something or another was very dry but thorough and helpful

I have taken both EET and SoPE. SoPE covered items in more detail and covered several more items than EET. The items that SoPE emphasized seemed to be the topics on the exam. I would not have known how to do these items if I was only using the knowledge I learned from EET. My degree is in ME, I tested in civil construction. I am still waiting to know if I passed the Oct 2021 exam, but I feel that of I had started out with SoPE I would have passed sooner. But it comes down to learning style and whether or not you've had previous experience in the topics.

I’ve done both. I liked EET’s course better. Samir was very helpful if you had questions. I felt that SoPE’s instructor would get annoyed if you asked too many questions offline and I didn’t care too much for his style of teaching.

I’ve done both. I liked EET’s course better. Samir was very helpful if you had questions. I felt that SoPE’s instructor would get annoyed if you asked too many questions offline and I didn’t care too much for his style of teaching.
I totally agree with these comments. Samir was amazing. I bothered him so much after class and he always had time for me. George at SoPE would reply with lazy responses like "I don't understand your question", even though I provided the question and page number from the text. But he was very thorough in class, so if I went back and re watched the class I could usually find my answer. I made sure to be brutally honest about George in my survey of the course lol

EET for sure. And I wouldn't think of it as a waste of money. Its an investment in yourself and if you take the time to watch every lecture and put the time into studying it surely isn't a waste. If you pay all that money and take a laxed approach, then it is a waste. Taking a course doesn't mean you're going to magically pass. You still need to put the effort in, regardless of the course taken.

EET for sure, my friend. I passed PE Civil Construction in April this year after taking a review course with them. Plus, you would need to do more practice problems from other sources.

Back