Where are you getting your stamps?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchercrunch

Reaction score
Just like the title says, for those of you who just passed, where are you going to order your physical stamps from?

Staples sells them. There is also a link on EB.com where you can order them.

Weve got a new vendor advertising stamps (green banner to the right on main page if you want to check them out)

www.engineerseals.com/

Got result from NCEES on 5/20
Pay $200 to Texas board on 5/22, received the PE# the same day, ordered stamp right away, delivered on 5/23 afternoon.

I ordered my seal from http://www.engineerseals.com/order/californiape.php

I was so excited when it came that I grabbed the first piece of paper around, which was a piece of cardstock. I had to squeeze the seal with a lot of force and later realized that I probably shouldn't have used such thick paper.

I'm a little worried I dulled part of the die cutter, because now when I use it on thin paper, it comes out pretty uneven. If I press hard, half of the stamp is good, but the other half punches through the paper. If I press lightly, only half of it shows up.

Has anyone else had this trouble? Any tricks?

Bad news hec210; if you damage the stamp in a moment of excitment, they make you re-take the 8 hour exam before you can buy another stamp. True story.

would like to ask, if u have a phd in engineering, would you put a dr. on the stamp? just curious.

I got a pre-inked stamp from A-Plus (engineerseals.com referenced above) and it came within 2 days. I meant to order the self-inking one that swivels, and when I called the next day after I placed the order and told them as much, I got Sandi (the owner) on the phone and she told me since it already shipped, I could just try it out and if I don't like it, they would take care of it. Pretty great customer service!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seal and and stamp will produce the same emblem with the state border and your name and number, but the seal embosses it into the paper where the stamp is just ink.

I got my seal from here: http://www.saltlakestamp.com/

They were quick to ship and got it within two days along with my electronic seal. In true nerd fashion I printed off my NCEES exam results and stamped the hell out of it. It's hanging on the fridge at home so that I can remind myself every morning it wasn't a dream that I passed. My wife loves it because she knows it's over and I don't have to study like a mad man anymore. Now if I could remember what I did with my NCEES pencil we'd be in great shape. I want to have it framed with my PE certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back