What is your evaluation about CA Seismic & Surveying fall 2017 exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakheat

Reaction score
What is your evaluation about CA Seismic & Surveying fall 2017 exams?

I don't understand the question.  What is it that you want to know?
Ok . I am just little worry of failing survey" Although I have deep feeling that I will pass!! I dont know how!!!!" I want know about other examees and how they did comapring to myself to see if I can pass this survey or I can pass.

Ok . I am just little worry of failing survey" Although I have deep feeling that I will pass!! I dont know how!!!!" I want know about other examees and how they did comapring to myself to see if I can pass this survey or I can pass.
Sit tight and relax.  You'll know soon enough.  There are only two possibilities... you'll either be celebrating or you'll be planning your strategy for passing next time.  :)

Others' experience won't tell you whether you passed or not.  ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they were both fair exams and were good representations of the review books available. We all knew they're more a  time-based test so both exams had plenty of simple one or 2 step problems. Anything that required too much thought or too many steps, I simply skipped and came back to. My one gripe is with the CBT testing taking so long to release scores. I understand they throw out and assess questions, but I feel like they could at least show us our absolute score at the end. That way we have a better idea of how we did rather than having to wait a month. But I'm sure there's some problem with that.

I thought they were both fair exams and were good representations of the review books available. We all knew they're more a  time-based test so both exams had plenty of simple one or 2 step problems. Anything that required too much thought or too many steps, I simply skipped and came back to. My one gripe is with the CBT testing taking so long to release scores. I understand they throw out and assess questions, but I feel like they could at least show us our absolute score at the end. That way we have a better idea of how we did rather than having to wait a month. But I'm sure there's some problem with that.
You are right, I took PMP exam in the past, which is CBT exam offered by PMI, however the results come over immediatly on the screen after you hit the end button. The situation is different for Licening exam as the board have to evalute candidate regarding various variables.Hopfuly they may realease it soon before the NCEES. I feel that this guy Moore @CAPLS doing agreat job and communicate with candidates to acheive best satisfactions.I respect his efforts.hope the others go on the same page.You are right, I took PMP exam in the past, which is CBT exam offered by PMI, however the results come over immediatly on the screen after you hit the end button. The situation is different for Licening exam as the board have to evalute candidate regarding various variables.Hopfuly they may realease it soon before the NCEES. I feel that this guy Moore @CAPLS doing a great job and communicates with candidates to acheive the best satisfactions.I appreciate his grear efforts, hope the others doing as well as he do.Everybody here on the same page.

What is your evaluation about CA Seismic & Surveying fall 2017 exams?
Seismic - I did the EET review course, put in probably 100 hours, over prepared, thought it was very easy.

Survey - Just reviewed Mansour's book and 2 exams. Probably 15 hours. I remembered a lot from surveying in college and geometry/trig is a strength so I found most questions easy, many doable, but definitely could have done better on the exam.

Seismic - I did the EET review course, put in probably 100 hours, over prepared, thought it was very easy.

Survey - Just reviewed Mansour's book and 2 exams. Probably 15 hours. I remembered a lot from surveying in college and geometry/trig is a strength so I found most questions easy, many doable, but definitely could have done better on the exam.
When will they release the results?

:rolleyes: :blink: :wacko:

I took the Surveying Exam this Fall 2017.  I feel like I did much better this time around, than I did in April.  What helped me this time:

1) This was the only exam I was studying for (no seismic, no 8 hour).

2) I wasn't starting from scratch. I built on knowledge I gained from studying for the April 2017 exam.  Although taking the same exam multiple times is depressing, at least you gain exam/studying experience along the way.

3) I did more practice problems this time.  I did multiple practice exams and quizzes. That increased my confidence and speed.

4) I used Exhibitguy's advice in this thread: http://engineerboards.com/topic/29409-test-taking-strategyapproach-surveying/   I wasn't efficient enough to go through 4 cycles (more like 2 lol).  Still, his advice helped me get the "solvable" questions out of the way first, before moving on to tougher questions.

So, I definitely did much better this time around, than I did the last time.  That being said, who knows if it was good enough to pass.....

I took the Surveying Exam this Fall 2017.  I feel like I did much better this time around, than I did in April.  What helped me this time:

1) This was the only exam I was studying for (no seismic, no 8 hour).

2) I wasn't starting from scratch. I built on knowledge I gained from studying for the April 2017 exam.  Although taking the same exam multiple times is depressing, at least you gain exam/studying experience along the way.

3) I did more practice problems this time.  I did multiple practice exams and quizzes. That increased my confidence and speed.

4) I used Exhibitguy's advice in this thread: http://engineerboards.com/topic/29409-test-taking-strategyapproach-surveying/   I wasn't efficient enough to go through 4 cycles (more like 2 lol).  Still, his advice helped me get the "solvable" questions out of the way first, before moving on to tougher questions.

So, I definitely did much better this time around, than I did the last time.  That being said, who knows if it was good enough to pass.....
Thank you

Back