What is wrong with people?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/14/family-slain-jersey-city-cop-very-proud-to-be-a-police-officer/

Campbell’s widow, Angelique Campbell, joined family members at the memorial outside her home.
“I’m not saying what he did was right — or what they claim he did was right,” she told CBS 2′s Diane Macedo. “What I’m saying is he was my husband and he was a human being.”
According to Fulop, Campbell approached a witness and apologized for his conduct, then said to watch the news later because he was “going to be famous.”

Campbell then waited for officers to arrive and shot Santiago with what police believe was the guard’s weapon, authorities said. Campbell shot the officer before he even had a chance to get out of his car, investigators said.

Above is the just of the story. Dude he killed was a rookie cop. I don't get these stories, and furthermore, I don't get why anyone would create a memorial in this animal's honor.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a separate interview, Angelique Campbell told News 12 New Jersey she is sorry for Santiago’s family but that her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.

i agree, publicly memorializing this guy is stupid. the above quote by his wife is freaking absurd.

I'd have a memorial, too. It would involve turning that POS face down in his grave, and honoring the officer that he killed.

Fucked up, they should take his entire family of the streets to make sure they don't do any mor damage to society

Fucked up, they should take his entire family of the streets to make sure they don't do any mor damage to society
How very Stalinesque.
Edit:

Not to say that what happened should have happened. As for why the memorial - there are some areas of the country where the police are more corrupt, and the good cops are less trusted as a result. It's very possible that the neighborhood is convinced that the official story is a lie being told to cover up Campbell's murder (or the purging of an honest cop from a dishonest PD)

I've heard that Campbell was shot and left bleeding on the ground for hours before medical aid was given. Could be vengeance, could be silencing a witness, could be securing a crime scene to make sure nobody would attack the next response group.

I agree with him (RG). This guy was bad news. He was looking for trouble, and his wife is a complete dirt bag too for her comments. However, I will refrain from saying anything further to avoid a racial conflict.

I agree with him (RG). This guy was bad news. He was looking for trouble, and his wife is a complete dirt bag too for her comments. However, I will refrain from saying anything further to avoid a racial conflict.
Why would race even come into it? Is guilt by association a thing we do now? If not, what would be the (legal) justification for arresting the family?

Some cities in America are so far gone crime wise they could use a little Stalin!

I am going to choose to not further this any more, but trust me there are definitely racial tensions that exist in inner cities with communities and cops. The comments of the wife further support this.

Some cities in America are so far gone crime wise they could use a little Stalin!
Does no work for you?

We already have a police state. We should be working to eliminate that, not strengthening it to eliminate crime.

@NJMike: It's likely to be partially about race for them. When cops are corrupt, they go after minorities because they're frequently too afraid to complain. Every visible minority has a (sometimes healthy) fear of the police, regardless of criminal status. That encourages some to turn to crime.

/More of my friends have been harassed by cops than helped.

//One was arrested on prostitution charges while chatting with a friend

///She's a lawyer, so the charges were only metaphorically accurate.

wow so you side with the cop killer here (note the cop doesnt appear to be a white boy).. maybe this forum isnt for you...

wow so you side with the cop killer here (note the cop doesnt appear to be a white boy).. maybe this forum isnt for you...
yeah, I'm pretty sure that dirty cops had much to do with this. In fact, in these inner cities, there is a sense of self imposed oppression that the man is keeping them down.

No, I'm not. I'm pointing out that throwing his family and friends into a gulag because they don't immediately believe the police might be overkill.
In a separate interview, Angelique Campbell told News 12 New Jersey she is sorry for Santiago’s family but that her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.

But this was ok to say????? Uh, NOPE.

How very Stalinesque.
Edit:

Not to say that what happened should have happened. As for why the memorial - there are some areas of the country where the police are more corrupt, and the good cops are less trusted as a result. It's very possible that the neighborhood is convinced that the official story is a lie being told to cover up Campbell's murder (or the purging of an honest cop from a dishonest PD)

I've heard that Campbell was shot and left bleeding on the ground for hours before medical aid was given. Could be vengeance, could be silencing a witness, could be securing a crime scene to make sure nobody would attack the next response group.
you should have these fellow humans move in with you.

No, I'm not. I'm pointing out that throwing his family and friends into a gulag because they don't immediately believe the police might be overkill.
In a separate interview, Angelique Campbell told News 12 New Jersey she is sorry for Santiagos family but that her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.
Not in the least. (I had not read this article; I read a different one, which did not include that quote.)

(Of course, the way the article paraphrases it is intended to make people mad. It's possible she said something closer to "I don't believe that this happened as described, because if it had he would've taken more with him." - similar concept, different sentiment.)

In a separate interview, Angelique Campbell told News 12 New Jersey she is sorry for Santiagos family but that her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.
Not in the least. (I had not read this article; I read a different one, which did not include that quote.)

(Of course, the way the article paraphrases it is intended to make people mad. It's possible she said something closer to "I don't believe that this happened as described, because if it had he would've taken more with him." - similar concept, different sentiment.)
Funny. Being that I live in the area I have access to more of the local media. The manner in which it was written in the linked article above seems to be the manner in which others are doing so. maybe the corruption of the police is somehow also linked to local media.

Back