Virginia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone explain this Rules and Regulations test to me? I'm about 99% sure I never saw anything from the DPOR about it.
Shortly after submitting the application package I received an email from the board saying I needed to take and pass the Rules and Regulations test prior to them approving me to sit for the PE. The email had links to the test and the regulations manual. It is an open book test and not very difficult. Call the board and ask for it.
Did not get any mention of this but I am calling the board today to verify if I need to indeed take this. Thanks for the explanation!

Update:

I was very organized with all the PE requirements and I know for a fact I DID NOT recieve any notice of this requirement. They are supposed to send it to you upon receipt of your application and it seems as if they omitted to do that to a fair amount of applicants.

I called and they send me an email with the exam attached.

Hopes this helps out!

WVUcoop2134: I guess you are right. It apperas some did not receive and the Board may not have an accurate record of electronic submissions either. I had trouble initially getting them to verify receipt of some of my application material. Had to go back and forth and send them tracking information and electronic versions before they could finally trace them.

Hi, is there anyone out there who submitted the rules and reg exam and are yet to see their name show up on VA Licence Lookup.

Hi, is there anyone out there who submitted the rules and reg exam and are yet to see their name show up on VA Licence Lookup.
Yes, I submitted the rules & reg exam at the time I applied to sit for the PE exam, and my name still doesn't show up in the license lookup.

I tried to forget about this for a while since their email said it might take up to 2 months, but now that I see others were listed on the website within a couple of days I'm wondering WTF could be taking so long on mine. I guess I'll have to call on Tuesday, after the holiday.

Yes, I submitted the rules & reg exam at the time I applied to sit for the PE exam, and my name still doesn't show up in the license lookup.

I tried to forget about this for a while since their email said it might take up to 2 months, but now that I see others were listed on the website within a couple of days I'm wondering WTF could be taking so long on mine. I guess I'll have to call on Tuesday, after the holiday.

DBL, I finally got mine sorted. Received the certificate by mail as well. I e-mailed DPOR and referenced my original e-mail with the exam attachment and asked for an update. I followed-up with another e-mail in 5 days and finally got an acknowledgement that my name was added to their file and records. I got a feeling that the application material was not as organized as it should be and hence the inconsistency. I suggest you contact them via e-mail or phone and it should really be a day or less before everything is updated and mailed.

Thanks, vb2012. I actually decided to send DPOR an email on Friday night, shortly after my post, also attaching my previous rules & regs exam submission email as you did.

To their credit, I received a response pretty quickly this morning upon their returning from the holiday weekend. As with your case, my completion of the rules & regs exam was not noted on my account and this was the sole issue holding up my license. This is ironic because (unlike some others apparently) they would not approve my application to sit for the exam back in August without completing this. Anyway, they've apparently corrected the issue in my file, and I'm told my license should be showing online within 48 hours. :D

Back