Urinal carpets

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Last week, our building owner installed what can only be described as blue carpets inside the urinals in our building. One little round patch in the bottom, which is somewhat similar to things I have seen before, but there was also a rectangular carpet isntalled on the back wall of the urinal, about 6 inches wide by maybe 8 inches tall.

I am sure they must be treated with something to prevent bacteria growth and odors, but I can't help but wonder WTF? Maybe they are thought to reduce splashing, but believe me - they don't! And although I can't say for sure on the odor issue, because there is a lot of psychology involved in odor, I *think* I smelled a fouler odor than I am accustomed to ....

Anyone else seen these things? Is it new urinal technology? Or just some weird Asian import stuff that no one else has run in to???

I noticed a "splash-reducing" mat along the back of the urinals last time I was in Vegas. These seemed to work fairly well, and I didn't notice an odor, but the public bathrooms at the Mirage are super clean, so I don't know if they change them or what. They weren't a carpet however, more of a porous, almost high density foam like material (from what I could see without actually touching).

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my good friends/fraternity brothers got so drunk that he pissed on the carpet at his in-laws' condo in Clemson after we were out drinking before a game. I guess that's not what this thread is about, but it was a urinal carpet so I thought I would include it.

Sorry, DV, I tried to get a picture, but "something" kept getting in the way, and I don't have the necessary skillz to photoshop something that large out of the picture.

However, I did find a picture on the internet, because "WWW.ANTISPLASH.COM" is featured prominently across the carpet. (Slugger-it's from an Oklahoma company)

11886614525741504702845.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We need one of those in our office building. The company is growing and the single urinal per floor is just not cutting it anymore with all the new hires. By about 3:45 in the afternoon there so much piss splashed on the floor its like ice skating when you walk on the tile.

Note to self: Do not submit resume to FW's firm.

The piss on my shoes is the least of my concerns around here right now.

I went to a bar this weekend that had a trough urinal. You just dont see a lot of them anymore these days outside of old sports stadiums.

Or the standing floor urinals where you are peeing onto the ground basically. Talk about pissing on your shoe.

Back