Tuition Reimbursement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
I had 50 hours previous to this semester reimbursed, and now the tuition reimbursement department doesn't like the looks of this semesters bill. They had me resubmit with a different printout from a different location from the school site. Every so often they play games with stuff like grade reports, receipts and so forth. UGHHH>>>>>

Why do employers screw with their people's $$$ and dignity?

I had 50 hours previous to this semester reimbursed, and now the tuition reimbursement department doesn't like the looks of this semesters bill. They had me resubmit with a different printout from a different location from the school site. Every so often they play games with stuff like grade reports, receipts and so forth. UGHHH>>>>>
Why do employers screw with their people's $$$ and dignity?
I received tuition reimbursement for three years. The first year, I was obligated to stay with my firm for a minimum of one year, or else had to return the funds.

The second year, they changed it to two years.

I also received a separate W2 form for the tuition reimbursement payout well after I had received my year's end W2. I had already e-filed by the time I got the tuition W2. I then got audited from the IRS, and was told I owed them money for not reporting the additional income (tuition W2). I paid the IRS...and then found out that my tuition reimbursement was exempted from taxes...

Un f-ing believable.

Hey I would like all my tuition from 1975-79 reimbursed with interest so I can use it for something practical & useful. It sure wouldn't go back into a university's coffers again.

Back