Trebuchet font family

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE

engine near
Reaction score
So I go to format some text in Word2007 using Times New Roman and what is the listing below it in the drop doiwn menu??

Trebuchet MS!!!

I don't know why but my mind immediately thought of EB.com. You guys have either corrupted or enlightened me, I'm still not sure which.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I'm going to have to start using that font whenever possible.

Now I gotta see what it looks like!

^nothing really special... I was expecting something much more exciting

Plain, yes, But I will be using it for my posts whan ever I remember.

How does it look in bold?

How about Italic

it is an unimpressive font all around.

So I go to format some text in Word2007 using Times New Roman and what is the listing below it in the drop doiwn menu??Trebuchet MS!!!

I don't know why but my mind immediately thought of EB.com. You guys have either corrupted or enlightened me, I'm still not sure which.
you might wanna consider getting out a little more. . . :screwloose:

I think on principle alone this should be the default font for EB.com

[SIZE=36pt]ggggggg[/SIZE]

This is fun!

Ok, new guy syndrome again. What'd the deal with Trebuchet MS?
I'll fill you in - it was back during one of our spamming tours of "the other board", someone had a thread entitled "Castle Admissions" and Capt. Worley, if I remember correctly, responded "MAN THE TREBUCHET!"

You had to be there. It really was funny, at that time and place... REALLY!

:Locolaugh:

Dleg's memory is quite good.

The guy who posted the question didn't know what a trebuchet was either. We really should have ridiculed him more.

I'll fill you in - it was back during one of our spamming tours of "the other board", someone had a thread entitled "Castle Admissions" and Capt. Worley, if I remember correctly, responded "MAN THE TREBUCHET!"
You had to be there. It really was funny, at that time and place... REALLY!

:Locolaugh:
Is spamming "the other board" something y'all do quite often? Sounds like a nerd's version of a gang war

it must be one of those "had to be there" moments (no, it still doesn't seem funny, sorry :dunno: )

the other board is about near DOA. checked in the other day and there just is not a whole lot of action or discussion on anything going on. Topics that had maybe 2 replies 6 mo. ago might have 2 more. . . .they usually ramp up close to exam time though

it must be one of those "had to be there" moments (no, it still doesn't seem funny, sorry :dunno: )
Oh trust me, it was exceedingly funny. The fact that the origional poster had no idea what a trebuchet was only made it that much better.

Is spamming "the other board" something y'all do quite often? Sounds like a nerd's version of a gang war
Pretty much, except we've all been banned now, I think. But seriously, it was some quality spamming that really led to some creativeness. I'm not sure but pretty sure that it it wasn't for "the other board", we wouldn't have fudgey, PE-ness, Testee, or even He-who-must-not-be-named.

Back