Travel!! Where are you headed; Where do you want to go? Where have you been?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading to Saratoga Springs tomorrow. Bachelorette weekend! (Not mine)
Drove by there Saturday.   Used to go there for the bar scene in college.  

In Stowe VT today.  Having a upper pass cloud drop and hill farmstead Abner on deck

Drove by there Saturday.   Used to go there for the bar scene in college.  

In Stowe VT today.  Having a upper pass cloud drop and hill farmstead Abner on deck
I can see why you used to go there for the bar scene. Downtown was BUMPIN' thanks to race season! People everywhere!

Now I'm happy to not be getting on an airplane until early October, and sleeping in my own bed for multiple weeks at a time. Although, it's been fun to pretty directly compare American to Delta to JetBlue to Alaska Airlines over a two month timespan! I think I might like Alaska the best, though Delta did give us complimentary meals both eastbound and westbound on our cross country flights. Also, JetBlue was the only airline who actually got me to my destination early, which I remember them always being good at doing when I was flying with them consistently, connecting through JFK, when I was traveling home to CA from VT.

Anyone have experience living in Chicago??
I lived in the burbs for a bit, and have many friends who live in the city. transit is easy, the summers are hot, the winters are cold, and the city is gorgeous. rent is cheap compared to the DC metro area, so you'll be good there!

With the pandemic showing signs of receding, there's some travel deals to be had out there.

I convinced the wife to book a trip to Alaska for the week of Labor Day. Delta started a nonstop from Detroit to Anchorage this summer, and first class roundtrip was $720 which seems like a steal for 6 hour flight. I ended up using Delta miles to book for 54,000 miles each ticket.

So, any thoughts on things to do in Alaska the first week of September? We're thinking about the typical tourist stuff like the train to Seward and a bus tour of Denali.

really want to plan a vacation for July to somewhere. Although if I say let's rebook our disney vacation, some of the things we wanted to do aren't back open yet and no dates set for reopening

I'd probably pass on Disney for a while. I know at least a few of the parks took the downturn as an opportunity to do major renovations (Epcot being one of them), so there may be more stuff closed than normal, and additional construction barricades to navigate around.

We're actually leaving in a couple of days to tour the southwest. We're going to fly in to Vegas for a couple of nights and then complete the following circuit: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and Zion. Then we'll drive down to southern California to spend some time with some old friends. Looking forward to getting out of the state for a little while!

I'd probably pass on Disney for a while. I know at least a few of the parks took the downturn as an opportunity to do major renovations (Epcot being one of them), so there may be more stuff closed than normal, and additional construction barricades to navigate around.
Epcot was going to be under construction when were planning last time and so wasn't on the list.

If we wait too much longer, Snickette is going to be a little too old for all the non-ride Princess stuff. Dad-daughter day of all things princess at Disney and Mother-son day all things Harry Potter at universal is only going to work while she is too short/young for most of the rollercoasters. She is just as big of an adrenaline junkie as her brother and mother....then mr snick is out of the picture due to motion sickness issues.

My family had a Mediterranean cruise scheduled for June 2020. The cruise line canceled it for us in January. We re-booked for June 2021...hopefully the world will be back to normal by then.

My family had a Mediterranean cruise scheduled for June 2020. The cruise line canceled it for us in January. We re-booked for June 2021...hopefully the world will be back to normal by then.

Best of luck. Which line is it with? I guess Carnival is already requiring proof of vaccination for all adult passengers, so I can only assume the rest of the companies will be following suit.

Best of luck. Which line is it with? I guess Carnival is already requiring proof of vaccination for all adult passengers, so I can only assume the rest of the companies will be following suit.
Celebrity, I think. My parents booked it, and they have been on many cruises with the company they used, so they had some sort of "status." We got free or reduced price drink packages due to the number of cruises they have been on. This will be my first cruise ever.

I'm assuming that there will be some sort of vaccination proof required for international travel and cruises, and I'm OK with that. I'm not all that nervous about the cruise, but it would suck to be on a boat with a bunch of unvaccinated idiots.

Family vacation is booked for Kauai for January 2022. I need to buy plan tickets sooner rather than later. Since Indianapolis doesn't have any direct flights from here to there (unlike NY), I might use my Delta credits to get to the west coast and then my Southwest credits to get to the island (since Southwest flies directly to the island and I won't need to take a puddle jumper from the big island). Another family trip is proposed for Florida in February 2022, which might include everyone, but we'll see. I think my dad wanted to go to some place on the west coast of Florida, but I can't remember.

I am hoping to travel to NY to see family in June/July and then maybe a week in Montauk in August. But we'll see how the cat travels long distance. That's why a mini-trip to Arkansas is happening for Memorial Day.

Last edited:
Kauai is amazing!! I have fond memories of the trip Mr. leggo and I took there back in 2015.

Assuming Mr. Leggo gets vaccinated soon, which is looking likely, we would like to make a trip to New England this summer. Mr. leggo wants to do some bike touring, and we also want to finally meet my best friend’s baby. We haven’t booked anything yet, though.

We haven’t really talked about any other travels, though we were trying to go to Mexico before the pandemic arrived, so maybe we’ll plan that too for later this year or next year.

Going to Seattle in August.

We will be in the city for a few days but spend most of our time in the national parks in the western side of the state.

Car rentals are crazy expensive right now!!!!!

Back