Things that are better than they used to be

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kids' TV shows.

Seriously? Some of the stuff my niece and nephew watched were tolerable, but some of the crap is unwatchable. Give me some 80's GI Joe, Transformers, and TMNT over any of that crap.

Try watching that 80s stuff now and tell me what you think. It's probably a lot better in your memories.

I have to admit though, the toys kicked more ass back then. They were mechanically clever, whereas now they just make noise and light up.

I think kids' TV always sucks if you don't have some kind of tie to it. I liked Scooby Doo, Pink Panther, Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Hour, and Bullwinkle far more than I did Sigmund and the Seamonsters, Superfriends, and Scooby's Allstar Laff-a-lympics, even though just a couple of years seperated them.

Cars!

From safety to reliability, power, performance, comfort and accessories. Aside from the nostalgia of a classic car there is pretty much no comparison for the vehicles today and their counterparts of past generations.

Cameras - No more sending off film to be developed and paying through the nose for it....and the pics look a lot better.

How about pharmaceuticals? They have a pill to fix everything these days.

Cars!

From safety to reliability, power, performance, comfort and accessories. Aside from the nostalgia of a classic car there is pretty much no comparison for the vehicles today and their counterparts of past generations.

1959 Malibu vs 2009 Malibu: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/a-2009-chevy-malibu-destroys-a-1959-bel-air-literally/

apq6qM8_460sa.gif

Cars!

1959 Malibu vs 2009 Malibu: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/a-2009-chevy-malibu-destroys-a-1959-bel-air-literally/

If you watch carefully, you can see the IP of the 59 bow out from the engine hitting the firewall just before the left side of it explodes in the dummy's face.

Holy crap! That's an awesome video.

O2 sat measuring. That little glowy dot thing they put on your finger to figure out if you've got enough oxygen in your blood? It used to be an incredibly painful butterfly needle test.

This post brought to you by a sick kid of the 80s.

O2 sat measuring. That little glowy dot thing they put on your finger to figure out if you've got enough oxygen in your blood? It used to be an incredibly painful butterfly needle test.

I found out how annoying the glowy dot thing can be when are you are hospitalized for days at a time. They're clunky and get in the way when you try to do anything with your hands.

as much as I cant stand family practice type doctors. medicine is pretty insane good...

my dad had a Cow valve put in his heart about 8 years ago, as he was too young at the time for a pig valve..

Gots to be a weird thing knowing you have an animal part inside you keeping you alive...

my parents church used to acquire chic fil a signs once a month and put in his front yard (the kind with the cows on it)

F&%kin' beer and I'm planning on having 1 or 10 of them tonight.

I found out how annoying the glowy dot thing can be when are you are hospitalized for days at a time. They're clunky and get in the way when you try to do anything with your hands.
You shouldn't have been trying to spank the monkey at the hospital anyway.

What do you think the nurses are for?

What do you think the nurses are for?

I'm telling Mrs. Dex.

Back