The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expensive little ****$... :)

good thing they're cute... though the hair is a bit ridiculous. i need someone to come in and vacuum like every day.
We got one of those robot vacuums a couple years ago...nothing fancy, just one from Amazon that had decent reviews. We've got all hardwood floors downstairs and it actually does a pretty decent job of keeping the dog hair at bay. Bonus, it's short enough that it even gets under most of the furniture. For a while I had it set it to run every night at midnight. Usually woke up to it sitting back its charger ready to be emptied. Sometimes woke up and played hide-and-seek to see where it got stuck.

thank you! Double whammy .... heat cycle, kennel cough... poor thing. always hate seeing them not feel well. šŸ˜­
Update: Piper slept much better last night with the meds the doc gave her. šŸ¶ She's still coughing a bit, but definitely better than yesterday.

So, it turns out Auggie is really into mid-90s BBC period pieces. Here he is 100% engrossed (no, seriously) in Pride and Prejudice:

51247986529_a0f85d2b07_c.jpg
On the rare occasion when I actually try to watch TV.... they just want to play catch...
IMG_1646 (1).jpegIMG_0864.jpeg

Odin and Pluto can be synchronized shrimpies!!!!

View attachment 22900
Totally! Plutoā€™s in. Theyā€™re basically cousins, anyway. Odinā€™s mom was probably the sister of Plutoā€™s dad.

By the way, I used to have that cat inclined scratcher! If I can recommend two cat scratchers, one cheap and one expensive, they are these:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pluto has two of the first one, and loves to lie and sleep in them and scratch them too! The second one is much more expensive and is the Mondo tower from Purrfect Post. Honestly, this is Plutoā€™s favorite thing. He lounges in it and because itā€™s right by the window, he can spend hours there, no issue. Plutoā€™s also a pretty big cat, and itā€™s tall enough that he can stretch upwards pretty much completely on the base. It also is heavy duty, so when he jumps off of it (usually onto the couch, but sometime the ground), it may wobble a little bit, but heā€™s never tipped it over, like he has with his other post!

Totally! Plutoā€™s in. Theyā€™re basically cousins, anyway. Odinā€™s mom was probably the sister of Plutoā€™s dad.

By the way, I used to have that cat inclined scratcher! If I can recommend two cat scratchers, one cheap and one expensive, they are these:

View attachment 22901

View attachment 22902

Pluto has two of the first one, and loves to lie and sleep in them and scratch them too! The second one is much more expensive and is the Mondo tower from Purrfect Post. Honestly, this is Plutoā€™s favorite thing. He lounges in it and because itā€™s right by the window, he can spend hours there, no issue. Plutoā€™s also a pretty big cat, and itā€™s tall enough that he can stretch upwards pretty much completely on the base. It also is heavy duty, so when he jumps off of it (usually onto the couch, but sometime the ground), it may wobble a little bit, but heā€™s never tipped it over, like he has with his other post!

Hahahahaha, I'm a firm Kong incline scratcher follower. Cats in NY love it, and the fact that I can buy refills for it helps a lot! Odin likes to sleep more than actually scratch, and the incliners are the perfect height for him to chill. He doesn't use his big cat tower that much. He's too big to really fit inside the little hidey hole section (though he trieeees) and he overflows the edge of the perches. He usually uses it to look out the window from a distance, then from much closer.

Odin is a simple baby who just wants snacks and hard food all the time and is disgusted by the kids next door splashing in their new pool.

still no improvement... coughing up white foamy phlegm all night, and now she's not eating anything. not event peanut butter, roasted chicken, the chicken heart treats they love... nothing... not event slightly interested in a walk down the street... šŸ˜Ŗ i called this vet this morning. waiting to hear back.

as soon as we got back to our yard, she just found a comfy grassy spot to lay down. we didn't even go half a block. šŸ˜­

IMG_1716.JPEG

The vet gave her fluids and swapped out the cough med with a liquid so itā€™s easier on her throat and stomach. Heart and lungs sound good and nothing alarming from the doc visit.

I had no idea (until today) that giving a pet fluids is basically just injecting fluids under the skin. Now she has a humpback for a few hours. Hopefully it helps.
B494C5EF-92B6-4923-B687-95C0ECB94E40.jpeg

giving a pet fluids is basically just injecting fluids under the skin.
Poor Piper!! Get well soon, little one.

Yah, I used to have to do sub-Q fluids for one of my cats. It doesn't hurt them and is absorbed at a rate that keeps them hydrated. So, it's an $85 glass of water. :LOL:

Poor Piper!! Get well soon, little one.

Yah, I used to have to do sub-Q fluids for one of my cats. It doesn't hurt them and is absorbed at a rate that keeps them hydrated. So, it's an $85 glass of water. :LOL:
right on the money ... literally. šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ for now she's resting. Timber is trying to make her feel better.
5CAD0984-F23B-48AA-A97C-19964CDD6DC7.jpeg

Yesterday, I started packing for my trip (which Odin is coming with me). Last time we travelled, I just filled a backpack since it was only a couple days. This time I was packing a small luggage. There was a lot of complaining and scolding by the baby cat (this pic can also be used as an Odin size chart):

E9FED107-AA2C-40D8-9352-14EFF06D9895.jpeg

Back