The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes you just gotta derp.

51148092562_430c194fae_c.jpg

ok... last pet post for today. i bought rexspecs for when we take the pups hiking ... our first attempt at wearing them (minus the lenses to start) .... pretty sure that's the "i'm gonna kill you in your sleep" look...

View attachment 21688
Hey @BlueBlueprint_PE ! Are those leashes homemade? Those carabiners seem so tiny. Are they actual climbing biners? I think I'm gonna copy those and make a set. What does the handle end look like? Muchisimas gracias!

Hey @BlueBlueprint_PE ! Are those leashes homemade? Those carabiners seem so tiny. Are they actual climbing biners? I think I'm gonna copy those and make a set. What does the handle end look like? Muchisimas gracias!
no! actually, i bought them from wilderdog and the carabiners are actually pretty decent sized (bigger than i expected). their collars are 1.5" thick I think. but yes, they are made of climbing rope :) they're awesome. i bought both the 5-ft and the 10-ft lengths. 5-ft for neighborhood walks to keep them close. 10-ft for wilderness walks when they can explore more but i can't let them totally off-leash.

Bittersweet day. Today is my girls' 11th birthday. It's just not the same without my Annie (left), who past over the bridge last August. While Ursala (right) is showing signs of aging (arthritis, some muscle loss) and pants a lot/has garbled breathing due to laryngeal paralysis, she's otherwise her bouncy, happy, lunatic self, and I'm forever grateful for that. While the boys spend a weekend at our sitter's house for a greyhound playcation, we will be bringing Ursala up to Wheeling, WV where she will see a herd of land sharks (greyhound puppies) and horses at the farm she grew up on, as well as her breeder who reunited her and her sister upon retirement. We hope its a nice treat for her and that the trip and being away from the boys doesn't stress her out.

1622730996939.png

Bittersweet day. Today is my girls' 11th birthday. It's just not the same without my Annie (left), who past over the bridge last August. While Ursala (right) is showing signs of aging (arthritis, some muscle loss) and pants a lot/has garbled breathing due to laryngeal paralysis, she's otherwise her bouncy, happy, lunatic self, and I'm forever grateful for that. While the boys spend a weekend at our sitter's house for a greyhound playcation, we will be bringing Ursala up to Wheeling, WV where she will see a herd of land sharks (greyhound puppies) and horses at the farm she grew up on, as well as her breeder who reunited her and her sister upon retirement. We hope its a nice treat for her and that the trip and being away from the boys doesn't stress her out.

View attachment 22634
so how did she handle the trip and being separated form the boys?

so how did she handle the trip and being separated form the boys?
She was OK on the road, but now that she's home and reunited with them, has some diarrhea! I think the stress and change in routine just caught up with her, but she was still eating and behaving normally other than her breathing being a little worse than usual. I am trying some allergy meds and antacids to see if it helps any.

July 4th is approaching, but the neighborhood hooligans are getting an early start. Here's Phase I of mental shutdown:

51248285565_da66ca1faf_c.jpg
awe. poor thing. This will be Piper's first 4th .... Timber was too young last year I feel like. So this year should be interesting. To top it off, Piper is in full blown heat now. She's miserable. Timber is beside himself cuz he KNOWS what he needs to do, but we won't let him. I had to order diapers for Timber to add an extra layer of protection. We are in week 2. I need all the help I can get to get the rest of the way through.... We don't want any puppies. Not during her first heat.

IMG_1519.JPEG

Back