The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muzzle training Banjo helped me win the argument that we should muzzle train Moo. I think all dogs should be muzzle trained and the stigma around them removed. A muzzled dog doesn't mean a bad dog.

We didn't want to have to have him muzzled 24/7 either but it was coming down to it when we rehomed him with my best friend. She and her partner had more experience with anxious, abused, and aggressive dogs than we do. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

In all honesty, it's unlikely we'll get another dog. Boyfriend was very attached to Banjo - Banjo was *his* dog, even when we rehomed him. And we live in a small house (600sqft). And Moo was very stressed with him around. Maybe when she's older and if it's a lot calmer dog. But she stopped playing with toys when he lived here and it wasnt until 2 weeks ago, she started playing with toys again.

My bestie and her partner have already adopted a new dog tho. They were looking at her before they took in Banjo. Her name is Zola (I call her ZoZo) and she's a 6yo epileptic husky mix. They are her 7th home (including the 2 foster homes) and ZoZo will spend the rest of her days with them. ZoZo tends to play with all of the toys that were Banjo's favorites so that's both heartwarming and gutwrenching. She also snoresView attachment 21058
Completely agree that the negative reactions to muzzles needs to stop. They are not a punishment, if used correctly, and they provide a safety net between dog and human, and even other dogs. Even the most docile and calm dog can react unexpectedly. I've also introduced the muzzle to our younger pup, Piper, though she just licks everyone to death. You just never know.

So, it was quite a while ago, but one of the neighbors came over and started screaming at us because "Chloe bit Owen". He bleeding? No. Did Was she chasing him? Well, no. Okay then, tell your kid not to be an asshole then. I got to tell helicopter dad that his precious Owen was shoving Ezra (4 years younger) down the hill while Ezra was screaming for him to stop so Chloe made him stop. You don't mess with one of Chloe's "kids". And BTW, she nipped at him so it was like a pinch more than anything. She's an 80lb AmStaff...if she really wanted to bite him, Owen would have been short one arm. It's funny, Owen still comes over to our yard sometimes when all the kids are out playing so clearly he was deeply traumatized by that vicious attack.

Chloe.jpg

So, it was quite a while ago, but one of the neighbors came over and started screaming at us because "Chloe bit Owen". He bleeding? No. Did Was she chasing him? Well, no. Okay then, tell your kid not to be an asshole then. I got to tell helicopter dad that his precious Owen was shoving Ezra (4 years younger) down the hill while Ezra was screaming for him to stop so Chloe made him stop. You don't mess with one of Chloe's "kids". And BTW, she nipped at him so it was like a pinch more than anything. She's an 80lb AmStaff...if she really wanted to bite him, Owen would have been short one arm. It's funny, Owen still comes over to our yard sometimes when all the kids are out playing so clearly he was deeply traumatized by that vicious attack.

View attachment 21060
I feel ya! I have to work with my 5-year old granddaughter (also name Chloe btw) about how she treats the dogs... they're not stuffed animals or toys. And very protective of their people! Ours are nothing but lovebugs unless someone new comes around or someone tries to mess with anyone in their pack.

1612398520869.png1612398587634.png

Got to see my sister's not so much a puppy anymore puppy this weekend. We last saw them around 4th of July, when you could pick him up with one arm. Apparently I have the knack. He hates head rubs and nips at everyone who tries, including my sister. He let me rub his head, scratch his ears, neck, etc. Minisnick was in heaven. A boy and his dog, who isn't his dog.

1614622867288.png

It was funny...he tells on people when he thinks they are doing something they shouldn't. the kids could be in another room with the dog, the dog comes up to you and starts mini howls and looks back towards where the kids are then back at you and more yips and mini howls.

SnkgTHi.jpg

The boys are almost 3 now. They are getting lots of lap time since I just left them for a week.

Ugh!! Bad decisions and forgetfulness allowed the Leggo’s cat to spill a mason jar of water on my closed (but on) work laptop at 6:30 am this morning.

The backstory is that Mr. leggo bought me some cute little flowers in a mason jar yesterday. Pluto, the leggo cat, was very interested in these flowers. I totally meant to move the flowers away from the laptop before closing out last night, but also totally forgot. Hence, what happened this morning. I hope the laptop is okay!

Back