The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m thinking of ditching Netflix too. Used to be several good original shows, but those seem to have dried up and the cost keeps creeping up. Would need to see if moms show is over though because she uses my Netflix to watch some series.

So far season 2 is a little slow. Its always good to see Tatooine though. 

Episode 2 gave me the creeps though. Sooo many creepy crawlies. And bugs/arachmids don't usually bother me but I guess in large numbers they do. 

I disagree.  I was laughing my ass off. The way I see it, this is like yhe baby turtles. The momma lays tons of eggs, expecting only a handful to actually grow up. The rest have the honor of feeding poor starving seagulls. Or in this case, Baby Yoda.

Screenshot_20201112-133522_Facebook.jpg

great success! my daughter forked over the disney + fee so I watched EP2 with her last night, that scene at the end when Baby Yoda popped an egg in as it ended was F'n hysterical..

& yeah defin too many spiders in that one..

Yeah but Baby Yoda eating the embryonic face hugger was worth it.

And it's been totally lost among the egg controversy, but hearing Baby Yoda "talk" was pretty entertaining. We hit rewind for that.

I watched ep 3 and I couldnt really see the point in it, other than there are other types of mandalorians?

I watched ep 3 and I couldnt really see the point in it, other than there are other types of mandalorians?
I think it also linked the Empire remnants to that guy at the end of the first season. I cant recall his characters name.

It was a huge tie in to the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series, which covered the history of Mandalore in pretty significant detail. Obi Wan even had a squeeze there, if I recall correctly, it was that Mandalorian woman's mom. 

i never watched the clone wars (assuming you mean the cartoon?)

Ill have to rewatch it - wife was yapping through most of it

I have not seen Clone Wars either (maybe I should) but I know screenrant.com explains a lot about the different references and Easter eggs they pack into The Mandolorian episodes. Many of these relate to Clone Wars, video games, books, and other stuff I have not partaken in and some are from the original trilogy. 

For instance, did you notice any resemblance with the bottom half of this crane? 

Screenshot_20201119-163943_Facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Clone Wars "cartoon". It was kind of cheesy at the very beginning, but it got pretty good. The last season that went up on Disney Plus earlier this year (Season 7) is essentially 3 movies, and two of them are some of the best Star Wars I have seen. Don't let the fact that they're animated drive you away. There's some great stuff in there, and the series really builds the characters of Anakin and Obi Wan, and creates two of the greatest characters in the Star Wars world - Ashoka Tano and Maul (okay he was created already, but he was never developed as a character until the Clone Wars aminated series).

Rebels is also a little cheesy at the beginning, but again gets really good and has some epic confrontations with Maul, Darth Vader, Obi Wan, and others.

As an extra selling point, both series were headed by Dave Filoni, who is part of the Mandalorian Team and generally considered to be the heir to George Lucas' visions of the Star Wars universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back