The back 9

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Since it appears many of you play golf...here is a place to discuss so the rest of us don't have to hear about your yuppy hobby... ;-)

I vote to rename this thread "the 19th hole" as mentioned in Random thoughts.

Some call the game I play "Golf"; others call it "Squirrel Hunting"...I spend a lot of time in the trees.

Wrong time of year Snick! Though I did pick up a used medicus 5-iron off ebay last month...gonna see what changes that floppy club can maybe bring around :juggle:

Now's the perfect time of year to buy clubs. All of the big box stores are trying to clear inventory to make room for the next year's gear. If I didn't just buy a new mattress and TV, I'd probably be shopping for a new set of clubs for Mrs Dex.

I've just never gotten where I enjoy it. Probably dot play enough to be good which is part of the reason. Seems like whenever I played I was surrounded by assholes that take golf more seriously than I did...

^^^ Your group is what makes it fun. I still suck at the game, but always end up having fun because the I guys I play with are just as bad as I am and we end up spending most of the round hitting on the beercart girl...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was usually the people either playing before or after us that didn't appreciate our lack of "respect for the game" :D

I belong to the Country Club that is about 1.5 mile from my house. Was able to walk 9 after work about twice a week this past summer.

I hope to improve on that amount next year.

I'm not very good (usually shoot around 95), but **** IT, I know I can get there.

Very frustrating hobby. Don't know why it is so addictive.

I've just never gotten where I enjoy it. Probably dot play enough to be good which is part of the reason. Seems like whenever I played I was surrounded by assholes that take golf more seriously than I did...
+1

...and golf is not a game where unleashing the mutant beast works very well for anyone. Now cycling, on the other hand...

Superhero-Power-Bike-Transportation-Concepts-8.jpg

Sorry, this is not the "cycling" thread. Back on topic

I belong to the Country Club that is about 1.5 mile from my house. Was able to walk 9 after work about twice a week this past summer.

I hope to improve on that amount next year.

I'm not very good (usually shoot around 95), but **** IT, I know I can get there.

Very frustrating hobby. Don't know why it is so addictive.
I don't play at all, but I think I could shoot a 95 for 9 holes pretty easily.

Went to the range yesterday. Came up with a really unorthodox swing for my drive, but was very consistent and worked. Basically a pretty open stance, and by the time I'm done, it looks/feels like my old baseball swing. Left hand is almost on top of the club, but it lets me keep the club face lined up as I follow through, and consequently, it almost completely got rid of my horrific slice. Pretty routinely plopped it around 225 yds, which for me is pretty good. Unfortunately, it took my two jumbo buckets to figure out, so by the time I switched to irons at the end of the day, I couldn't hit a thing. Back hurt so bad and arms and legs were jelly. Packed it up and called it a day.

Back