Symmetrical Component Diagrams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TakiTaki

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find symmetrical component diagrams for different types of faults. 3 phase, single line to ground, line to line, line to line to ground, line(s) to grounds through an impedance. Since they all have different diagrams and they are all treated differently, I would like to keep this all at one place and take it to exam with me. I have the blackburn symmetrical component book but I am looking for more of a summary than a full textbook. 

For example, something that I can use with NCEES #514 quickly. 

Does anyone know where I can find symmetrical component diagrams for different types of faults. 3 phase, single line to ground, line to line, line to line to ground, line(s) to grounds through an impedance. Since they all have different diagrams and they are all treated differently, I would like to keep this all at one place and take it to exam with me. I have the blackburn symmetrical component book but I am looking for more of a summary than a full textbook. 

For example, something that I can use with NCEES #514 quickly. 
Graffeo's book as a pretty good no nonsense summary of all the different type of unsymmetrical fault equivalent circuits. Just about every recommended PE reference book text book will have a chapter on symmetrical components as well, especially books focused on power system analysis. 

Back