Study group for April 2021 exam-16 hour Structural Building

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be, quite possibly, depending on my application to my local board being approved (I'm based in CA).

I plan to sign up for both AEI-California courses, having had great results with them for my PE Exam passing attempt. I also know I need a course to keep my studying schedule in check.

I'd love to be a part of studying! Do you have a study plan figured out, yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be, quite possibly, depending on my application to my local board being approved (I'm based in CA).

I plan to sign up for both AEI-California courses, having had great results with them for my PE Exam passing attempt. I also know I need a course to keep my studying schedule in check.

We can make together once you decide. We can fix a topic wise list si that we go on that and discuss any issue in that topic. It encourage the others to look at it once again.

I am taking the buildings vertical in 9 days. If I pass, I will take the lateral in April 2021. If I have to retake, I will do only Vertical again. Yes, I am in either way.

Good luck to exam takers. Invite to group discussion/ study to takers of next exam. I am planning to have a next six month schedule to cover topics so that all are studying the same topic / subject at a time and discuss on this  forum any issues in each topic/ subject.

Good Luck for Vertical.
Thank you Texan for your wish. My plan after the exam is to slowly gear up for the April Seismic. I will take full participation in that. But Seismic still doesn’t exist in total isolation from common elements in Vertical. I will stay somewhat connected on Vertical also until December when I will know the exam result. From then on, I would have proposed, NCEES would have disposed as a similar saying goes!

Thank you Texan for your wish. My plan after the exam is to slowly gear up for the April Seismic. I will take full participation in that. But Seismic still doesn’t exist in total isolation from common elements in Vertical. I will stay somewhat connected on Vertical also until December when I will know the exam result. From then on, I would have proposed, NCEES would have disposed as a similar saying goes!
Thanks EnergiserBunnyAt75! Whenever you are ready share topic for being in touch with vertical so that we can schedule accordingly until December.

May I know your experience with AEI PE course? Did you take both breadth and structural depth PE course with AEI? If so which year did you take the course and how helpful it was? TIA

Hi Texan, I am back. Please see my post on the exam by a guest.

I will wrap up some loose ends at home and be ready to go by the end of the coming week, say Saturday or Sunday.

I think I will go for both Vertical and Seismic. It does not hurt.

Please let me know how you want to set this up.

Hi Texan, I am back. Please see my post on the exam by a guest.

I will wrap up some loose ends at home and be ready to go by the end of the coming week, say Saturday or Sunday.

I think I will go for both Vertical and Seismic. It does not hurt.

Please let me know  how you want to set this up.
Thanks EnergizerBunnyAt75. First we will select a list of topics and arrange them in a sequence how we want to review on weekly basis. Also share a list of the resources what we have, so that if we need clarification from common resources, it is easier. It will keep us on track. I am open to ideas.

Please use EB@75 when addressing me. I want to ask the moderator whether I can change the moniker and keep my current posts and maintain continuity.

i have never done this kind of studying before so I am not sure about how to set about it. One way would be to follow the path of the exam specifications.

We don’t have to finish each material and move to the next material. A mix during the week would be good. Study planning week to week may be better.

How are we going to communicate?

Further to my interest in a study group, I thought about my time demands. For 6 months now, I am working “Remote” desktop reviews - mostly 6 days a week, 8 to 10 hours a day. I think it could be a factor if I have to take the vertical again. So I am going to press the pause button on the SE for now.

Thank you and best wishes for your success.

I will join for sure. I took the SE vertical on Oct. Still waiting for the result. for Sure I will take lateral on April 2021. I am not sure the code will get updated. 

April 2021 - same codes as the October 2020 exam. It is on NCEES website.

I'll be taking it then :)  I signed up for the PPI prep course (only because my company said okay to paying for it lol).  So that starts January 19th....but I got all the study materials and codes printed this past weekend so I was going to start reviewing casually in the next few weeks.

I'll be taking it then :)  I signed up for the PPI prep course (only because my company said okay to paying for it lol).  So that starts January 19th....but I got all the study materials and codes printed this past weekend so I was going to start reviewing casually in the next few weeks.
I would recommend that during your casual review you have a stack of tabs by your side.  You may want to tab things you may think are important as you find them.  You can always remove tabs as you refine your study and work through problems.  

Back