Stamp Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltySteve PE

Voted most likely to be Mafia
Reaction score
I've been asked to make a minor revision to an old drawing stamped by a PE that's recently passed away. What's the best practice for making sure it's clear that I'm not the original engineer but that I made and approved the revision?

Got clarification from the State Board.

Rules of Professional Conduct 0120-02-08-5b

"In circumstances where a registrant can no longer provide services on a project (such as death, retirement, disability, contract termination, etc.), a successor registrant may perform work on a set of plans originally prepared by another registrant. If the plans are incomplete (are at a stage prior to submittal to a reviewing official), the successor registrant may not seal the set of drawings prepared by the original registrant; rather, the successor registrant must take all steps necessary to ensure that the drawings were prepared under his or her responsible charge before sealing them. If the plans are complete and have been submitted to a reviewing official, the successor registrant may prepare and seal addenda sheets or document and seal changes to the original sheets if revisions are necessary."

So as long as I document and stamp the revision as mine I should be good.

Back