Sometimes I don't understand humankind.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
So this happened not far from my town last night.

jumper story

They found the father’s vehicle on southbound I-287 at milepost 56.4 in Wanaque Township through the GPS of his cellphone, and discovered him with the two children beneath the bridge, police said.

Detectives believe the father jumped with the children from the overpass into a wooded area near the Wanaque River, state police said.

The man somehow got over or around an eight-foot fence when he jumped. He jumped anywhere from 20 to 50 feet – the exact distance was hard to tell in the dark, Aiello reported.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, while the children — boys ages 2 and 4 — were taken to St. Joseph’s Wayne Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, state police said
This is Google view of the bridge that he jumped from:

http://
16lljjm.jpg

somehow, the children survived. As a first responder, I'm not sure I would be able to unsee such scenes.

Glad the boys are going to be alright physically.  

Man, this makes me sad.  I have two boys, a 2 year old and a 5 year old and thinking of something like this happening to them hits me hard.  I'm glad they're going to be ok.

so hopefully the boys landed on the father and that's what saved them from further injuries. crazy story.. people are so fucked up..

Back