Sodastream recommendations?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Anyone have a soda stream? Which version do you have? Do you like it? Do you really get 60L out of one CO2 canister?

Do you only want to fizz water? Because a SodaStream can only carbonate water. We have the bare bones one and I think we can get 60L out of one canister. The bottles are handwash only.

There's a new machine that's called FizzPop (maybe I'm off on the name) and it can carbonate anything. SodaStream you add the flavoring after and this other machine lets you fizz juice or kool-aid or whatever.

Minisnick loves flavored seltzer water. I'm tired of storing the various cases of different flavors. I'd rather give up the counter space to hold the device.

Ours is pretty narrow and the thing is made of plastic, so it's easy to move. We have the simplest version. My kid can also go though a million cans of seltzer, so we got one of these. I exchange empty CO2 bottles at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Are Sodastream CO2 refills free? How does FizzPop work in comparison on the CO2 exchange? The latter sounds more my speed, as I drink a lot of the flavored drink mix packets more so than soda.

Soda stream webpage was running an end of summer sale and there was an extra 10% off for new customers. Got the basic $89.99 system (black fizzi system, 1 tank, 1 bottle) for $53. I checked stores & amazon... some were running the sale too, others not, but most didn't have any in stock. They do make dishwasher safe bottles (not the lids though) now you can buy separate.

Are Sodastream CO2 refills free? How does FizzPop work in comparison on the CO2 exchange? The latter sounds more my speed, as I drink a lot of the flavored drink mix packets more so than soda.
Oh gosh no. They are like $20. I don't know about FizzPop.

Growing up my Aunt and uncle's house had a setup that was a chilled beer tap and a seltzer tap. They basically took a mini fridge slightly larger than a keg and converted it to a tapper and ran a second tap for seltzer. I don't remember seeing a CO2 truck visiting like you do for restaurants, so I don't know how they recharges the seltzer line. I remember going with on keg and cigarette runs. We would make their own pop as sweet or bland as we wanted.

I have owned Soda Stream for about a year. While I enjoy carbonated water, Soda Stream has now sent me three partially filled bottles. When I asked about this, they said, "We double-check our fills so that can't be." Having just opened my third one which would barely work even though supposedly "completely filled", I am giving up on Soda Stream. When customer service basically says, "We can't be wrong." , it is time to move on.

Back