Happy New Year. I am wishing the best to you all in year 2021. First I would like to apologize not providing my feedback on my PE mechanical (HVAC & R) exam results in Oct 2020 because of various reasons but I am excited to share that I have passed the exam. I took the test late Sept 2020. Boy!!! I tell you what it was one of the most unique experiences I have witnessed. It was not an easy one due to the fact that I decided to take the exam 13 years after my graduation from Masters in mechanical engineering and decided to self study for 5 to 6 months with some gaps in between to take some rest and still enjoy time with my wife and 2 kids.
Below is what I have done to pass the PE exam,
1. Started with PPI practice problem first. It was way to difficult for me initially, I studied it for 3 months or so to keep my self busy and reading through the background information as well as using the reference manual.
2. The next step was to dive into the practice manual from Engineering pro guides with some good problems. The problems were easy but I started to get a little more focused toward the final exam using this manual. The manual was very helpful overall.
3. Finally, 6 weeks out from exam, I started to take Engineering pro guide final exam as well as NCEES final exam. Did ok in both tests on the first attempt and I was not very happy but I did it 5 times each to get 100% correct in the end. NCEES practice exam was very helpful to get the feel for the final PE exam.
4. Took 3 days complete rest not looking any exam material and took the exam late Sept 2020. I am happy to say that I passed the exam with lots of prayers from my loved ones.
5. Got results within 7 business days.
Good luck to you all