Seismic/Survey Q3 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks who have passed, can you advise on how you prepared?

I took Mansour and Rezza's courses but was unable to pass. Any suggestion would be helpful. Does the in-person training makes a difference?

I took EET's Surveying On-Demand course and I watched all the lectures and just did all the practice problems and simulation exams provided from them without additional resources. I thought the lectures weren't as tight or structured as their National Exam prep course and it took a lot of time to get through all the material, but I felt thoroughly prepared for the exam and I can say I am glad I took it. Not sure how it compares to the other popular courses available.

Anyone waiting on their September seismic/surveying results? I'm guessing we should have them by Thursday the 7th, orrr wishful thinking?!

Anyone waiting on their September seismic/surveying results? I'm guessing we should have them by Thursday the 7th, orrr wishful thinking?!
Hi.

I took seismic 9/17 and survey 9/20. Hoping for the results this week! GL.

Does anyone know what is the passing score for CA seismic and Survey.
I heard it is 55%

Actually my exam is in Q4. I am just wondering how much should I score out of 55 to pass.
What CAPLS means is that the passing scores are not actually published or released. Results are distributed as a pass or fail, with a diagnostic report issued only to those who receive a fail result. The reports simply outline areas of "proficient, marginal or deficient" performance. See link below;

https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/diagnostic_reports.pdf

Actually my exam is in Q4. I am just wondering how much should I score out of 55 to pass.
What CAPLS means is that the passing scores are not actually published or released. Results are distributed as a pass or fail, with a diagnostic report issued only to those who receive a fail result. The reports simply outline areas of "proficient, marginal or deficient" performance. See link below;

https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/diagnostic_reports.pdf
MeemZ said it well.

After taking it a few times I kind of knew I passed this last time. It took me a couple tries to pick up on their tricks. Read the footnotes and exclusions. It seems like those were a big part of it.

Anyone get their September results yet? Still waiting for Survey AND Seismic ;0

Back