SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol. a million dollars
It's a relative thing....take yours years of experience and look at salaries for your role with and without SE ... find delta.

Also depends on what you do with it, are you now going to be stamping things or does it just go on your company's resume for when they bid work they can now say we have x+1 SE on staff kinda thing.

Or round your salary up to the next reasonable amount ... I think 5% min IN ADDITION  to whatever your yearly merit / COL raise is.

It's a relative thing....take yours years of experience and look at salaries for your role with and without SE ... find delta.

Also depends on what you do with it, are you now going to be stamping things or does it just go on your company's resume for when they bid work they can now say we have x+1 SE on staff kinda thing.

Or round your salary up to the next reasonable amount ... I think 5% min IN ADDITION  to whatever your yearly merit / COL raise is.
Once you request X amount for getting the license, then that's kind of it.  But if the license opens up new opportunities for you and your company, that's where the value is.  If you think you can leverage it into bringing in more work, then that's where the money lies.  I guess you could always go for the additional up front and then prove it brings even more value later and fight for more then, but it's tough to look at the license itself as more than a one-time increase.  But if it's just now to put an SE next to your name and it doesn't change anything from your work stance, efficiency, or most of all, your own personal revenue stream, then the value is minimized.  (Or if your company plans to increase your billing rate based on the licensure, that's similar to bringing in more revenue.)

Agree with precisely what Mike says and I'd add one more thing , some companies will reevaluate your salary based on comparable companies for the same role so no matter what it's worth having the conversation with your management.  

I remember back in 2010 when I got my PE I got an immediate bump, 3k I believe but at the time the opportunities it opened far out weighed the bone they tossed me salary wise.  I'm suspecting SE is similar. 

I've always found the best way to get a real increase unfortunately is to apply for a new gig with your new credentials.  But companies are all so different.

If this was the case, we should have received the SE results, because Texas PE results are out already. Also, other states released the PE results today, but nobody reported receiving SE result from those states.
That logic doesn't follow. Just changing the name of the test doesn't imply they will release it any earlier than they have in the past.

Couple of questions: What's your salary now? How many years have you been there? What state? Does your company typically promote you when you get licensed?
106 K

8 years

PhD, PE, PEng

WA

Not sure,

So, how much should be my salary after passing the exam?

Back