SE April 2022 Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely do not want to ask my wife to take more childcare responsibility for another 4 months of studying
This is a big reason why repeat takers suffer from lower scores. At some point, life just gets in the way. It'd be different if I could spend some time studying at work instead of working, but that'll never happen. I'm sure NCEES looks at these low exam scores as a positive for the profession, but I've known more people that have left the industry than try to continue as a structural engineer after failing the SE the first time. Ironically, those folks are actually doing better off, but that's a discussion for another day...

This is a big reason why repeat takers suffer from lower scores. At some point, life just gets in the way. It'd be different if I could spend some time studying at work instead of working, but that'll never happen. I'm sure NCEES looks at these low exam scores as a positive for the profession, but I've known more people that have left the industry than try to continue as a structural engineer after failing the SE the first time. Ironically, those folks are actually doing better off, but that's a discussion for another day...
No one is harder on engineers than other engineers. I don't blame folks for just leaving the profession when it's already a hard job and then the SE process is so discouraging.

Cindy Flower you are only hope. Cindy Flower you are only hope.

If we chant this as a group will it make the results appear? Or the make the Disney overloads appear and strike us down?

Results received....Unacceptable

30/40 on AM
Improvement required on Concrete, Masonry, and Steel
Acceptable on Wood

Anyone think that getting one more acceptable in the afternoon would have resulted in an overall acceptable result? I feel like I came so close, but still so far away...

30/40 on AM
Acceptable on Wood

Anyone think that getting one more acceptable in the afternoon would have resulted in an overall acceptable result? I feel like I came so close, but still so far away...
That really stinks, and yeah, I feel like you would have had a real shot with one more acceptable. Do you mind me asking what state you are in?

Since I live in Illinois I probably won't get the results until freaking next week knowing my luck.

30/40 on AM
Acceptable on Wood

Dude that sucks. I swear at times that the almost pass hurts worse than the complete failure.

Its easy to guess when the results will be released. Think of a timeline most excruciating for the test takers and that is when NCEES will release the results. So "sometime this week" meaning end of week on Friday right before the weekend.

They usually wait until all exam takers have reached their breaking point of anxiety and self-doubt, and then unleash the results
Since I live in Illinois I probably won't get the results until freaking next week knowing my luck.

Well, at least you don't have to wait for CTS anymore!

Appreciate that I'm not alone in thinking that it was an almost pass... back to the books I guess
Everything that I have read on here is that you need two acceptable and somewhere around a 27 on the morning portion. Plus that has to be the gospel how can Engineer Boards be wrong!

Everything that I have read on here is that you need two acceptable and somewhere around a 27 on the morning portion. Plus that has to be the gospel how can Engineer Boards be wrong!
look above, they failed a 27. Such bullshit

30/40 on AM
Acceptable on Wood

Dammit, I am sorry dude. What did you feel after the exam? Did you think you were passing in the afternoon?

Back