SE April 2022 Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always fun to explain the SE exam to people and have them not believe that they will make you wait 6-8 weeks for results. "but that's horrible"

Yes. It is. That's the point.

I'm crusty enough that when I took the PE exam, we had to wait just over two months to receive our exam results *in the mail* from the state board.
And since this was the period before state boards accepted NCEES Records as part of your initial exam application, we had to mail hard copies of all our application materials to the board as well. If you needed a transcript, well you had better write a check and start typing a letter to your alma mater!

Y'all don't know how good y'all have it.

Its easy to guess when the results will be released. Think of a timeline most excruciating for the test takers and that is when NCEES will release the results. So "sometime this week" meaning end of week on Friday right before the weekend.

Does any
Its easy to guess when the results will be released. Think of a timeline most excruciating for the test takers and that is when NCEES will release the results. So "sometime this week" meaning end of week on Friday right before the weekend.
I actually wouldn't mind that.
If it comes out during the week, I will need to calm my depression or enthusiasm to get through the work day

I'm crusty enough that when I took the PE exam, we had to wait just over two months to receive our exam results *in the mail* from the state board.
And since this was the period before state boards accepted NCEES Records as part of your initial exam application, we had to mail hard copies of all our application materials to the board as well. If you needed a transcript, well you had better write a check and start typing a letter to your alma mater!

Way back in the day the SE didn't allow any reference material, and if you needed a license in multiple states most would grant it by comity. Watching my coworker going through that bureaucratic headache now and me battling through what the SE has become since then... I think I'd rather deal with writing letters... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I started off in that world with the FE. And my husband was one of the mailing of results recipients.

Way back in the day the SE didn't allow any reference material, and if you needed a license in multiple states most would grant it by comity. Watching my coworker going through that bureaucratic headache now and me battling through what the SE has become since then... I think I'd rather deal with writing letters... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No calculator...was this test on the mayflower?

Here is a pro tip. Last time I saw on EB that results were flowing in but I hadn't gotten my email yet, so I decided to call my state board and they got to tell me over the phone that I had failed. It was awkward. Just wait the little bit for your email to come in.

I do wonder what exactly is going on at NCEES. Are they scrambling to finish grading? Are they waiting for some sort of confirmation from the State Boards? Do they just arbitrarily choose a date and say "Well, maybe we'll release it this day if we feel like it"?

I do wonder what exactly is going on at NCEES. Are they scrambling to finish grading? Are they waiting for some sort of confirmation from the State Boards? Do they just arbitrarily choose a date and say "Well, maybe we'll release it this day if we feel like it"?
they're monitoring this thread and cackling to themselves

NCEES: Uh oh, looks like passing rates are way too high at 40%. This will look bad and not enough people will return next cycle. Where exactly do we need to set the AM threshold in order to get the passing rate back to 24%?

Regardless of when the results come out, we are all stressed as we worked so hard for this. We are not really afraid to fail here but we all know what we went through for this exam, and the failure means that we would need to start all over again while knowing that the second time won't really improve our chances by much.

Regardless of when the results come out, we are all stressed as we worked so hard for this. We are not really afraid to fail here but we all know what we went through for this exam, and the failure means that we would need to start all over again while knowing that the second time won't really improve our chances by much.
definitely do not want to ask my wife to take more childcare responsibility for another 4 months of studying

Back