Salary Raise for Getting PE License

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our company pays $1,500 instant bonus and approx. $5,000 salary raise. I guess its good, but if you really want some raise better look for new company. In a good economy you are looking at approx. 10% raise but in this economy who knows!!!!

I still haven't recieved anything for passing the exam last spring. I am being told that its in the "works" and that I should be promoted to senior engineer by years end. Hopefully that is teamed up witha 10% raise.

If I don't have one by the end of the year I'm going to start looking for other opportunities. It's tough playing hardball in this economy. I guess I can refuse to stamp drawings until I'm paid adequately but I also don't want to burn any bridges down.

Just got told I will recieve my promotion with a 10% salary bump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got told I will recieve my promotion with a 10% salary bump.
In the great words of Christian Bale, "Oh, Good for you!"

Nothing for me, but I still have a job and it could be worse...
Thanks for the reminder. I lost a promotion chance to my Now-New-Supervisor but I still have a job so...yes...it can be worse.

I did not know what to say when he came to me and said: "I am counting on you to help me to take this ship thru the storm and to a safe port" :suicide: :tardbang:

I am still wondering what in the blue world did he smoke before speaking to me.

I did not know what to say when he came to me and said: "I am counting on you to help me to take this ship thru the storm and to a safe port" :suicide: :tardbang:

You should have put an epic fail stamp on his forhead.
6z0lli.jpg

Back