Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
Asset management provides Defence businesses with significant opportunities to optimise lifecycle cost and system availability. Policies and processes associated with the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of Engines and components are key to effective asset management.
As an Engine MRO Engineer you will define, validate and support the implementation of maintenance policies and procedures at Product level including; build and strip method and associated special to type tooling. This will require close working with other Engineering capabilities including Design, Materials- and Manufacturing- Engineering across a range of products.
Engine MRO Engineers are deployed into Integrated Project Teams within the business.
For Defence products
- Complete Support Analysis to develop maintenance and support concepts
- Define and validate Build, Strip and Storage method including special to type tooling
- Integrate and manage the design and manufacture of Ground Support Equipment through the supply chain.
- Promulgate maintenance policy to Operators through Technical publications
- Influence the design of assemblies to maximise maintainability
- Provide technical support to MRO Operations both internally and externally in introducing, validating and completing Engine maintenance to ensure rate-ready, lean and production-friendly methods are created.
- Support the identification of new opportunities to reduce the cost of Engine MRO
- Continuously improve the processes and tools used to develop and support the definition of Engine MRO
The role is based in Bristol but involves interaction with customer and suppliers and may therefore include the need to travel.
Qualifications and skills:
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- You will also be a Chartered Engineer or hold an affiliate / associate membership of a relevant professional body, or be working towards Chartered/Incorporated status
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and be proficient in the use of CAD preferably AUTOCAD.
- Self-motivated and be able to contribute effectively in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- You will also be required to manage multiple delivery commitments to varying timelines and customers.
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts.
On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.