Right-handed, left-handed, or both?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous?

• Right-handed.

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Left-handed.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Ambidextrous.

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

envirotex

Reaction score
I am left-handed, but right-footed...I can bowl with my right or my left, but I suck at bowling.

I am primarily right handed, but I shoot (rifle, bow, etc) left handed because my left eye is dominant.

Ambidextrous.

I eat and write left handed, throw baseball and football right handed, bat either, but golf right handed (those are the clubs I had to learn with)

I'm all messed up.

I am primarily right handed, but I shoot (rifle, bow, etc) left handed because my left eye is dominant.
Ditto.

It also threw off the Lasik nurse when she started running a dominant eye test, and I just told her that I was left-eye dominant.

Ambidextrous.

I eat and write left handed, throw baseball and football right handed, bat either, but golf right handed (those are the clubs I had to learn with)

I'm all messed up.
+1 except for the whole golf thing. Golf is stupid. When I played tennis, I played both left and right handed. And, since I used to be a swimmer, I'll add that I am both left and right handed when swimming. :D

I'm left eye dominant but still shoot right handed. Trying to shoot left handed just felt way to weird so i still shoot right handed.

depends on what I am doing. i write right handed but other things i can do with either. Thanks to minisnick I can now eat with my left hand and not drop or get food all over myself.

still too early to tell for minisnick. He uses both sides equally right now...basically whatever side is closest to what he wants or is doing is what gets used

Right for most, except for shooting pool. It's nice not having to do "behind the back" or other goofey positions. Also, batting, we had to learn quickly for intramural softball.

One thing I always wondered was video games. Take the original Nintendo controller, it never really mattered to either dominates. It's probably how you train yourself, writing seems the hardest.

right handed but I think I was born left handed. Think I mimicked by brother when i was a baby & 'became' right handed. I used to be able to do a left-handed layup as easily as a right-handed layup in basketball (jump shot always right handed). My coach asked me if I was left handed when he saw me doing that, and totally messed up my ability to do a left-handed layup after that. :madgo: And my left foot is bigger than the right fwiw

Right handed, right eye dominant, left brained.

My dad writes right handed except on a chalk/whiteboard where he writes left handed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm left eye dominant but still shoot right handed. Trying to shoot left handed just felt way to weird so i still shoot right handed.
ditto. My dad is ambidexterous, because, as a child, when he started showing signs of being left handed my grandmother (this was the 1960's and she was already in her 50's) tied his left hand behind his back and made him write, eat and play right handed. He writes and eats right handed but most everything else is left.

^^^ Then it sounds like he is a lefty that was just forced to writing right handed.

That happens to alot of lefty's.

^^^ Back when I did a ton of Excel spreadsheets, I actually had my mouse buttons switched to left handed. I found it easier to "right click" with the left button...

If you type with both hands, you will see that you use the left hand more then the right, part of the QWERTY keyboard that was created for traveling typewriter salesmen.

I've also heard the QWERTY layout was designed to slow people down in an effort to prevent the <then> letter strikers from jamming.

^^^ Then it sounds like he is a lefty that was just forced to writing right handed.

That happens to alot of lefty's.
I think it happened to me. Until first grade, i wrote/drew left handed. First grade teacher didn't accept lefties, so I switched.

At least that's what I blame my atrocious penmanship on.

Back