Real Guitar Heroes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

envirotex

Reaction score
So reading the Kurt Cobain thread made me think of all of the really awesome guitar (and bass) players I have seen in person...These are the ones I could think of for right now.

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Slash

Robbie Kreiger

Bonnie Raitt

Ian Moore

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

John Mayer

Flea

Mike McCready

Doyle Bramhall III

Willie Nelson

Jack White (wow, never seen such a show!)

Joe Walsh

The Edge

Billy Gibbons (including the fuzzy guitar)

Gary Clark, Jr.

Who have you seen? Who would you like to see?

Aside from some of the ones who are now playing "on the other side", I would like to see Prince in person...

This topic needs a guitar playing smiley...

anderson-silva-guitar-hero-fighter.gif

I don't go to many concerts, but I've seen Jimmy Buffett (not a great guitarist, but awesome storyteller), Jack Johnson and Brian Setzer.

Here's a list of guitarists I'd love to see live:

Santana

Jimmy Paige (Led Zepplin reunion, please?)

Clapton

John Mayer

Eddie Van Halen

Edit: Forgot one. Wolverine. Just so I could yell FREEBIRD!!! at him. He LOVES that song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't go to many concerts, but I've seen Jimmy Buffett (not a great guitarist, but awesome storyteller), Jack Johnson and Brian Setzer.

Here's a list of guitarists I'd love to see live:

Santana

Jimmy Paige (Led Zepplin reunion, please?)

Clapton

John Mayer

Eddie Van Halen

Edit: Forgot one. Wolverine. Just so I could yell FREEBIRD!!! at him. He LOVES that song.
+1

Never got to see him live, but back in the day I had a VHS copy of their 5150 concert. Surprised I didn't wear that thing out.

Actually had tickets when they came to Cincinnati one year, but it was at the place right down on the river and the concert was cancelled cause of high water.

Yeah. Eddie Van Halen would be on my list, too. I'd like to see Clapton, too. Doyle Bramhall is a lot like him, and has toured with him a long time, plus he can play left-handed, and upside down...

Back