Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't check to see if the clock in my car updated itself. I thought it did. I don't tend to pay attention to the hour while driving to work, just the minutes.

track season hasn't even officially started yet, but the stores don't have much of any track shoes. Hopefully minisnick just decides to stick with distance running. Soccer shoes were near impossible to find last fall.

track season hasn't even officially started yet, but the stores don't have much of any track shoes. Hopefully minisnick just decides to stick with distance running. Soccer shoes were near impossible to find last fall.
Does Zappos sell those? Pretty no hassle when it comes to returns if sizing is off.

Minisnick got his track uniform....he was not a fan of the running shorts with the side slit. The first thing he said when he got home with it was Mom we need to order some of those compression shorts to go under the track shorts....they are way too short.

He is all leg so I didn't doubt it.

Neighbor's vehicle that recently returned from the shop caught fire and burned to the ground last night. They found their missing ammo as it cooked off; no damage to other vehicles or houses. Had quite the audience. Their one trailer lost a few decals and some sealant, otherwise fully salvageable (another neighbor and I weighed driving up to the trailer and towing it out of the way, but felt it was far enough away to not be seriously damaged).

Most of the fire water froze, so the parking lot is a skating rink this morning. Hopefully the drains get steamed today and the area can start to dry out.

That is cool as isht. But I'm not sure that whoever designed this knows what a Truss is. I'm not a civil so correct me if I'm wrong, but that "Truss Bridge" doesn't look right to me.
Good point on the truss bridge. I think that’s a very artistic truss they’re showing there, which doesn’t look like the typical trusses I think of. Those would be the ones with the trusses extending up the sides, above the roadway. May be worthwhile feedback to provide!

Weather warmed up enough and the parking lot is in pretty good shape right now. Neighbors are still using shovels to clean up the remnants of the Ford "Exploder"; primarily glass, wires and other scorched remnants.

I'm waiting to see what happens next on the other vehicle they're working on...

Back