Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldie but goodie (I like to tell my new hires):

BS - bullshit
MS - more ****
PhD - piled high and deep!
First time I heard this was from my Biology teacher the 10th grade. He had an earring and I thought he was so cool after he told us this. lol He's still teaching there...and still has his earring.

I mean... I have to fix it.
Yes. Please come here to fix it. Because they didn't do a TAB and I don't think our aging facility can supply that much cfm...and I think it also supplies air to another part of the facility. ****. I also don't think we have enough amperage for all four pieces of equipment.

****. I forgot that you are me and I am me and you are we and we are all together.

I don't know what a TAB is so this will work out well. I mean you don't know. I mean we. I mean... You mean... We mean... What's a TAB?
Okay. I'm trying not to crack up. But a TAB report is 'testing, adjusting, and balancing' report for HVAC systems. The adjust the flow of a space etc. The reason I'm cracking up is that...one of the engineers here has no idea what it is/doesn't realize how important it is to have an accurate TAB IN THE FUCKING PHARMACY WHERE NEGATIVE PRESSURE IS REQUIRED. So there is this delightful go-around with our HVAC and energy engineer arguing with both the other VA engineer and the stupid AE that designed this system based on winter conditions, when, of course, airflow is super great, but summer conditions mean, oh ****!, it should be rebalanced by integrating with the preexisting system VABs, and it's just yakety sax on full-volume in the office next to me and I am just adjacent and I love it.

But you know all this already. Because you're me.

I'm literally sitting here and admiring my schedule and how I've eliminated all of the double and triple booked appointments. I'm so proud.
giphy.gif

Back