Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to buy a blender for smoothies...but I don't care about having a smoothie cup for my smoothies since I would be just...drinking them at home? I liked my parent's old blender. Simple. You could disassemble everything for cleaning. I am now overwhelmed by all the blender varieties. I don't think I want a Ninja, since it seems like they have a rod in the middle with multiple blades that just...doesn't seem like it'd work? Idk. Maybe a nutribullet...but that seems way more complicated for what I actually need. Maybe I'll check out goodwill this weekend to see if anyone tossed a blender that is more...normal.

I have the multi-bladed Ninja, and it works well. The blades at staggered heights do a good job of sucking ice/frozen **** towards the bottom so they can actually be blended in lieu of just sitting on top. Also makes great frozen margaritas.

I have the multi-bladed Ninja, and it works well. The blades at staggered heights do a good job of sucking ice/frozen **** towards the bottom so they can actually be blended in lieu of just sitting on top. Also makes great frozen margaritas.
Yep, we have one also and it has smaller "cup" attachments that work pretty good for smoothies.
IMHO, it's the best blender you can get for the money.
1621271319942.png

I love my kicthen aid blender. Even though I've replaced the plastic head on the base twice...they didn't spec the material properly, it shreds to pieces from the force of the motor every couple of years.

I was looking at costco, because of the whole return policy, and they have a ninja that is $70 that looks like it's just the base model/doesn't really have anything else? And then another one that is a little more expensive, I think $130, but it has the little smoothie cups and is more powerful (1200 watts vs. 1000 watts). Also, looks like I might be able to switch out blades in the big pitcher/it might be easier to clean?

1621274100391.png
1621274120661.png

I have the Ninja Ultima - just a single dial and paddle switch. I think its rated at 1500w/2.5hp? You could probably use it as a wood chipper if you could bypass the safety on the lid.

I was looking at costco, because of the whole return policy, and they have a ninja that is $70 that looks like it's just the base model/doesn't really have anything else? And then another one that is a little more expensive, I think $130, but it has the little smoothie cups and is more powerful (1200 watts vs. 1000 watts). Also, looks like I might be able to switch out blades in the big pitcher/it might be easier to clean?

View attachment 21854
View attachment 21855
Costco's return policy is unbelievable. So I understand wanting to use it as a safety net.

We have a cheap Black & Decker blender that is super basic and we almost never use it.
https://www.blackanddeckerappliance...oseout-blenders/12-speed-blender-bl2500s.aspx

My plan is to hit up the goodwill this weekend to see if there are any 'dinosaur' blenders, aka: blenders that were only donated because their owners died, and I think I'll just grab a cheapo Black & Decker. I really just want the blender to make a smoothie and/or milkshake every once in a while. I'll never become one of those cool people who make acai kale smoothies and look so happy while drinking them.

I need to buy a blender for smoothies...but I don't care about having a smoothie cup for my smoothies since I would be just...drinking them at home? I liked my parent's old blender. Simple. You could disassemble everything for cleaning. I am now overwhelmed by all the blender varieties. I don't think I want a Ninja, since it seems like they have a rod in the middle with multiple blades that just...doesn't seem like it'd work? Idk. Maybe a nutribullet...but that seems way more complicated for what I actually need. Maybe I'll check out goodwill this weekend to see if anyone tossed a blender that is more...normal.
We bought a Vitamix 10 years ago. Still love it. Highly recommend.

Wait. You guys actually take off when you take off?
I turn off my work phone. The only people I need to answer to have my personal cell phone number. I had one action that I had to track but I have a wonderful PM in charge of the effort, so one phone call and a confirmation text message took care of the actual work on Friday. I took that 1 hour back so that I can use it for another day. I don't give up any part of my time.

I set a precedent early in my career. When I'm on leave, I'm gone. Call me if you want, but I told you I was taking time off. Lack of preparation is your problem, not mine.

If I stay home, I get harassed. If I tell my boss that I'm going to be traveling or otherwise totally unavailable, it's permission to ignore. Unfortunately my role now includes some time sensitive stuff now in an automated system, so coordinating being away is much more difficult.

Back