Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, full time remote, baby! Turns out our company really likes not paying for facilities. They've terminated the lease on one and have two that they own for sale now.
Jealous!

We are in the position to make this decision but some people at a higher pay grade and a...more advanced age are pushing back because "it's not what they are used to!" :rolleyes:

Jealous!

We are in the position to make this decision but some people at a higher pay grade and a...more advanced age are pushing back because "it's not what they are used to!" :rolleyes:
We have the opposite here. Most of the AARP members are supposed to be the ones that come in as leads/anchors, but they're threatening to retire or quit if they have to come in, mostly because our actual office was relocated 20 minutes south.

I'm always amazed at the number of people that get sucked into conspiracy theories like that. As a general rule, the only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead. The larger the number of people involved in the conspiracy, the more likely that it's pure BS.

I'll admit, I love me a good conspiracy theory. Especially the ones that make me say "hmm, I'll buy that." They're few and far between and the plausible statements are shortly followed with something so outlandish that it quickly turns to "ya lost me there." (see: Ancient Aliens)

If anything, they're good for the entertainment value.

Back