Question about PE Civil - Structures Depth- Temporary Structures

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreEngine

Reaction score
As you know that the new CBT exam for PE Civil Structures will be closed book, what code should I be referring to for 'Temporary Structures' section which will have 2-4 questions? I did not find anything about this section in the NEW PE Civil Handbook. Is this content included in OSHA Code?

1643209122040.png

It would fall under construction. I would say Ch. 2 in the reference handbook or the OSHA titles listed in the exam specification.

I didn't take structural, but ACI SP-4 was the reference for the Construction exam. It covers formwork, falsework, shoring/reshoring (ACI347R) , bracing etc.

I didn't take structural, but ACI SP-4 was the reference for the Construction exam. It covers formwork, falsework, shoring/reshoring (ACI347R) , bracing etc.
That reference will not be provided by NCEES and will not be allowed into the exam room for Civil: Structural.

That reference will not be provided by NCEES and will not be allowed into the exam room for Civil: Structural.
Interesting...I'd think that'd be a more comprehensive reference than whatever is provided in the new handbook. Might work to your advantage as they can't get too crazy with the question...or the total opposite and they expect you to just know these things..

Interesting...I'd think that'd be a more comprehensive reference than whatever is provided in the new handbook. Might work to your advantage as they can't get too crazy with the question...or the total opposite and they expect you to just know these things..
There are no questions on the PE Civil: Structural exam that would require that reference. I took it twice so far, that's how I know.

There are no questions on the PE Civil: Structural exam that would require that reference. I took it twice so far, that's how I know.I
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I am going thru EET-Structures Depth notes and the questions on Temporary Structures are too detailed and use ACI SP-4. I had never heard of this code before. I guess the questions would be more general and won't require this code in the afternoon session.

I agree with @steelnole15 on this. I haven't taken the CBT exam, but based on the two times I've taken the exam, as well as using the reference manual that is provided for the CBT to study, any questions about temporary structures or construction are most likely going to be "general knowledge" type questions and likely don't require a reference.

Back