PMP 2021 Exam Prep

Help Support Engineer Boards:

Ramnares P.E.

Reaction score
Based on the research I've done so far, it appears the exam has changed somewhat, particularly with the 6th Ed. of the PMBOK. The consensus seems to be to read through the PMBOK and then work through Rita Mulcahy's 2021 Exam prep book. I did not take any prep courses for the PE exam and would prefer not to take one for this. Is that preparation strategy sufficient? What are some tips from those who recently took and passed the exam?

Thanks in advance!

civilrobot PE PMP CCM

The Beyonce of Construction
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Based on the research I've done so far, it appears the exam has changed somewhat, particularly with the 6th Ed. of the PMBOK. The consensus seems to be to read through the PMBOK and then work through Rita Mulcahy's 2021 Exam prep book. I did not take any prep courses for the PE exam and would prefer not to take one for this. Is that preparation strategy sufficient? What are some tips from those who recently took and passed the exam?

Thanks in advance!
I think so. I pretty much did the same thing except I took a course.

I read through the PMBOK over the course of 2-3 months. Then I registered for the Project Management Academy course. The course covered the PMBOK, gave us tips and tricks, and cheat sheets to memorize. But if the Rita Mulcahy exam prep book does the same thing, then you can probably handle it yourself.

Just remember that this exam is not about the right answer in a practical situation. The exam requires you to answer the questions the way PMI wants you to answer it.