Pennsylvania Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the email from NCEES - Result now says pass , and it has a link to "Next steps" . This just takes you to the PA state website.

I think we need to fill the Request for Certification of Licensure ?

I believe this form is used to get the certified results sent to another state if you intend on obtaining a license there through comity.

That's what I thought when I opened the document. Pretty sure we fill out the Professional Engineer Licensure form. Somehow we have to request NCEES to send the "Council Record" to the PA board so we don't have to fill everything out again. You'd think by this point they realize we've passed through all those hoops already and don't need to verify our education or work history again or references.

Just got the email from NCEES - Result now says pass , and it has a link to "Next steps" . This just takes you to the PA state website.

I believe this form is used to get the certified results sent to another state if you intend on obtaining a license there through comity.

That's what I thought when I opened the document. Pretty sure we fill out the Professional Engineer Licensure form. Somehow we have to request NCEES to send the "Council Record" to the PA board so we don't have to fill everything out again. You'd think by this point they realize we've passed through all those hoops already and don't need to verify our education or work history again or references.
Yes, I agree with you. I will have to call NCEES this afternoon and see what steps are needed to having them send out the council record to the state.

-I do find all these steps very absurd though , this information should be on file at Harrisburgh already.

Congratulations to all who passed! I just sent an email to PA about what to do next, see their response below:

"Once an applicant passes the PE exam, the license is issued automatically. You should be receiving your license in the mail in 7-10 business days."

Yes, I agree with you. I will have to call NCEES this afternoon and see what steps are needed to having them send out the council record to the state.

-I do find all these steps very absurd though , this information should be on file at Harrisburgh already.

Congratulations to all who passed! I just sent an email to PA about what to do next, see their response below:

"Once an applicant passes the PE exam, the license is issued automatically. You should be receiving your license in the mail in 7-10 business days."

Good to know. Seabushed, let us know what you find out. I was thinking about calling them today as well. Maybe I won't have to send out a GD check after all.

I guess now we just wait to see what they send. Hopefully it will provide better instruction on "next steps" than NCEES blindly linking their "next steps" to the PA board website.

From NCEES: regarding my inquiry of the council record/ next steps.

Hello,

I contacted the PA board to inquire about if they have a requirement of a Council Record for licensure. They informed me that they do not and are unsure where you may have gotten this information.

The bottom line is that you do not need a Council Record to apply to PA. A Council Record is a good thing to have only if you intend/have need to apply to multiple states.

If you can forward me where you found this information, I would be glad to pass it along so that they may correct any misinformation that may be floating around.

Thank you!

From NCEES: regarding my inquiry of the council record/ next steps.

Hello,

I contacted the PA board to inquire about if they have a requirement of a Council Record for licensure. They informed me that they do not and are unsure where you may have gotten this information.

The bottom line is that you do not need a Council Record to apply to PA. A Council Record is a good thing to have only if you intend/have need to apply to multiple states.

If you can forward me where you found this information, I would be glad to pass it along so that they may correct any misinformation that may be floating around.

Thank you!
I think a council record is used AFTER you are licensed to assist in becoming licensed in a different jurisdiction. You would request ncees to send your record to Delaware, for example, after you become licensed in PA and have established your council record. This way you don't have to fill out all of Delaware's paperwork when you're applying for licensure. Several people here have council records and say that once you get it established, it works great.

I guess now we just wait to see what they send. Hopefully it will provide better instruction on "next steps" than NCEES blindly linking their "next steps" to the PA board website.
Since ncees works for the licensing boards, I would guess that whatever the "next steps" shown are what PA told them to show. IMO.

Just got off the phone with a nice young lady at the State Registration Board for Professional ... Here's the scoop:

We do nothing.

They're printing the certificates now, we will receive them in 7-10 business days in a packet. (I don't know if they are shipping as they print or what.)

In the packet is information about how to order your stamps, where to get them and what their requirements.

But we're done for now, just playing the hurry up and wait game some more.

That made my day.

And I agree about the Council Record, now that I think about it.

Thanks for calling! Figured there'd be some instruction on ordering stamps.

By the way, if anyone intends on obtaining a license in another state, use the NCEES website. They provide a service where they keep your work record, references, etc, in the same place and then send to states upon request. Not all states allow for it (NJ for example) but it could be a useful service if anyone's interested in getting the license in any other neighboring states (e.g. NY, MD, DE).

Figured there'd be some instruction on ordering stamps.
Engineerseals.com is a good vendor for ordering stamps. Endorsed by quite a few other members on this board too.

By the way, if anyone intends on obtaining a license in another state, use the NCEES website. They provide a service where they keep your work record, references, etc, in the same place and then send to states upon request. Not all states allow for it (NJ for example) but it could be a useful service if anyone's interested in getting the license in any other neighboring states (e.g. NY, MD, DE).
Keep in mind though it's not quite as simple as them sending your info over to another licensing board. You first have to apply for an NCEES record similar to how you applied to sit for the PE. It can be a lengthy process but is certainly worth it once completed and you need licensing in other jurisdictions.

Still no word for me on lateral exam results on ncees, lic-pa site, or pcshq.... anyone else hear about structural?

Received the paper certificate and another official document with my name and registration info today ( 2 separate envelopes). It also contains info on what the stamp is to look like , size ....

Got me SE results for PA last friday 1/10/14.

Are you guys getting material in the mail after passing? I only got an acceptable score on the NCEES site and am now listed on the PA lic. site... anything else we have to do?

You'll be getting your paper license/certificate in the mail sometime soon.

The mailed packet only included the certificate and paper license. I don't know if they actually expect us to carry the "wallet" card around, that thing is as flimsy as toilet paper.

As knight said above, I'm going to order my seal from engineeringseals.com. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

Back