Pennsylvania Education Credits

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloWings

PEChickenWIng
Reaction score
After you first receive your license are you required to take Education Credit during your first 2 years in order for your first renewal?

I know in NYS you are exempt from taking it during your first renewal cycle.

I'll give you the cookbook answer and say, you need to check with the Pennsylvania board. :)
I'm trying to think if I know any PA engineers on the site. Maybe @RBHeadge PE knows someone who could give an easy answer.

I'm not licensed in PA. But as far as I can tell from reading the law it is not required for the first renewal after initial licensure.
Engineer, Land Surveyor and Geologist Registration Law Section 4.5.(g)(2)

An individual applying for initial licensure and registration shall be exempt from the requirement set forth in subsection (a) for the licensure period immediately following initial licensure and registration.
source: https://www.dos.pa.gov/Professional...oard Document - Eng Act 25 CE section 4.5.pdf

I am in the same boat. Did you get a response to this? I obviously saw the same thing that @RBHeadge PE posted, but this question is right there in the renewal form.
Have you completed 24 PDH of Continuing Professional Competency activities, in accordance with the requirements of Section 4.5 of the Engineer, Land Surveyor and Geologist Registration law?

Back