Pe score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
70% comes up for a few reason.
  1. Texas law requires scores on licensure exams to be released to test takers. Normally if you fail you get a diagnostic with your score, but if you pass you don't get a score. In Texas everyone receives a score, even if they pass. But either NCEES or the Texas board applies an unknown curve to the raw score to normalize it to 70% as the passing score. Some people track this and use it to try and figure out the cut score. With enough data they could probably get pretty close, but it's a lot of effort for not a lot of useful info.
  2. I've seen more than one PE prep course tell students to aim for 70% as a should-be-realistic passing score.
But you're right. In reality, no one
70% comes up for a few reason.
  1. Texas law requires scores on licensure exams to be released to test takers. Normally if you fail you get a diagnostic with your score, but if you pass you don't get a score. In Texas everyone receives a score, even if they pass. But either NCEES or the Texas board applies an unknown curve to the raw score to normalize it to 70% as the passing score. Some people track this and use it to try and figure out the cut score. With enough data they could probably get pretty close, but it's a lot of effort for not a lot of useful info.
  2. I've seen more than one PE prep course tell students to aim for 70% as a should-be-realistic passing score.
But you're right. In reality, no one knows.
No one except @Baconator

Hey !
I took mine in Houston too, I was surprised from the huge number of people taking the exam ! Did you take any pictures?
I seriously hope you did NOT take any pictures of the exam or any part of the room. NCEES might want to know about that if you did!

Hey !
I took mine in Houston too, I was surprised from the huge number of people taking the exam ! Did you take any pictures?
No I didn't take any pictures I left my phone in the car, I didn't want to take any chances with NCEES Night's watch members 😝 ...You think so? it was my first time taking it mine was on Friday Civil-structural, since I knew we were taking the Exam in NRG center I was expecting even larger crowd, not sure how were previous exams numbers but quick look I would say on Friday we were about 400?! I am not sure didn't count them.

and-now-my-watch-begins-nights-watch.gif

Fall 2021 Construction Depth- The longer problems to solve I tried to save to the very end. I tried to get the low hanging fruit problems first. So, I did not get to some of the high fruit problems. I wished for more time too.

Back