PE Power Pass Rate Very Low

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neaton2

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like Electrical PE Power Pass rate is VERY low? I mean 26% of repeat takers passed.... How is that even possible? 50% of first time takers passed?? 

Does anyone else feel like Electrical PE Power Pass rate is VERY low? I mean 26% of repeat takers passed.... How is that even possible? 50% of first time takers passed?? 
Yeah, it’s crazy. The overall pass rate was 40%.  It was my third time taking it and I passed.  Crazy to think I was in that 26% number.  Always was curious on why this particular exam was statistically one of if not the hardest.

Yeah, it’s crazy. The overall pass rate was 40%.  It was my third time taking it and I passed.  Crazy to think I was in that 26% number.  Always was curious on why this particular exam was statistically one of if not the hardest.
OTOH, check the Pass rate of Industrial Engineering. It made me scratch my head!  🤨

What did you do differently to pass? How did you feel about the Theoretical  questions? 

I made a 47/80 and a 49/80 my first two times. So in my opinion I was very close.  You don’t see too many people if any say they made in the 50’s and fail the power exam.  But it was obvious that I was missing something and couldn’t figure out what it was, so I decided to take a course.

The only thing I did differently was take @Zach Stone, P.E.‘s class.  I went through all the online material and attended all the live classes.  In every class I would pick up on little things I was doing wrong.  To me it was getting the fundamentals down, for example circuit analysis.  This is something I struggled with in the first two attempts and he does a great job of teaching this topic.  He has so much great material for you to print out and bring to the test including a new full length exam which is the best on the market in my opinion.  If you are on the fence about it. I highly recommend it.  Now don’t get me wrong, I still walked out of the test feeling like I didn’t pass.  But to me if you walk out of that test thinking you did good, you probably didn’t.  There’s a lot of tricks they throw at you and Zach does a good job preparing you for that.  It’s a very difficult exam which is apparent when looking at the pass rate.

I made a 47/80 and a 49/80 my first two times. So in my opinion I was very close.  You don’t see too many people if any say they made in the 50’s and fail the power exam.  But it was obvious that I was missing something and couldn’t figure out what it was, so I decided to take a course.

The only thing I did differently was take @Zach Stone, P.E.‘s class.  I went through all the online material and attended all the live classes.  In every class I would pick up on little things I was doing wrong.  To me it was getting the fundamentals down, for example circuit analysis.  This is something I struggled with in the first two attempts and he does a great job of teaching this topic.  He has so much great material for you to print out and bring to the test including a new full length exam which is the best on the market in my opinion.  If you are on the fence about it. I highly recommend it.  Now don’t get me wrong, I still walked out of the test feeling like I didn’t pass.  But to me if you walk out of that test thinking you did good, you probably didn’t.  There’s a lot of tricks they throw at you and Zach does a good job preparing you for that.  It’s a very difficult exam which is apparent when looking at the pass rate.
Thanks for the mention @Saul Good.

I'm happy to hear that our online study program for the Electrical PE Exam helped you pass.

Back