PE experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is required in PE experience.
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I think part of being a "PE" involves being able to navigate the admittedly slightly confusing application process. I assume you still live in Delaware (based on your first post), so you should go to your state board website and meticulously read the application process and be mindful of deadlines.

If your question is specifically referring to what sort of experience you have to write about in your application process as part of your personal statement, only you know that. As long as you write a detailed summary of all of your applicable engineering experience, you should be fine. Make sure to use buzz words like designed, engineered, evaluated, calculated, etc.

Generally speaking PE experience consists of working under a licensed engineer.  Different states have different year requirements.  You need to have a PE sign off on your experience for your application for each job held working under an engineer (PE).

Hello all; wondering what the Delaware Board means by a different experience requirement (8 years) for candidates with non-ABET degree. Has anyone here been asked to complete 8 years of experience?

Experience: Graduates from an ABET-accredited engineering curriculum are required to have four (4) years of acceptable, verifiable engineering experience. All other graduates (non-ABET accredited engineering, engineering technology, or science-related to engineering programs) are required to have eight (8) years of acceptable, verifiable engineering experience.

Back