PE Civil Paper(10/21) or CBT(4/22)?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? I have been using the ce reference pdf to study for the last paper exam.
Its 300+ pages, a

Have you tried to use those pdfs?
The ref guide for ce is 300+ pages and not as good as the cerm imo.
If I have to search the formula book, and code books for tables, no way.

I'm hoping I'll pass this paper, but doubtful
Try not to worry about taking the Computer Based Test and focus on passing the last Paper exam. Stay positive. I wish you the best! Don't worry about the CBT exam unless you have to.

Yes, I am using the PDFs to search and become familiar with all references I will have at my disposal during the exam. Searching through the references is part of studying whether you're taking the Paper or CBT exam.

I didn't have a choice to take the last paper exam in October 2021, so I'm going to have to take the CBT exam if I want my PE license. It's better to be positive about the tests (whether taking Paper or CBT) than to worry about the negatives.

**PS I have already found errors in the NCEES Civil PE Reference Manual. I notified NCEES of the errors and was told they will not correct the errors prior to the first CBT exam. If I was taking the October paper exam, the only thing I would change is I would bring the references listed at the end of the CBT Exam spec. Personally, the CERM did not help me when I took the exam in October of 2019, but we all have our own strategies for the exam.

Thanks, I paid for the cerm, and have gotten used to searching it. At least its complete.
I graduated almost 30 years ago, and realized as I'm studying I don't think I'll pass. I'm too split between geotechnical and environmental, so really too weak in any one core civil depth.
I would take mining, but it doesn't seem too useful

Thanks, I paid for the cerm, and have gotten used to searching it. At least its complete.
I graduated almost 30 years ago, and realized as I'm studying I don't think I'll pass. I'm too split between geotechnical and environmental, so really too weak in any one core civil depth.
Hey don't let your years out of school discourage you. I was out of school for almost 20 years and passed and I don't even work in design or anything like that. Most of my experience is in management. If I can pass, you can pass. Figure out how to study, make a plan, and execute. This site is a really valuable resource for information, problem solving, and encouragement.

You can do it. Don't count yourself out.

I'm 13 years out of school. We can both do it!

I agree with civilrobotPE. This forum is a valuable resource for positivity and info!

I'll agree with the others and say don't count yourself out!
Also, states won't know or care what discipline you took, they just know you passed the PE exam and got your PE license. So if Mining is what will be the easiest for you to pass, by all means, go for it!

I just went ahead got a supplemental PPI review for water depth - nothing on water treatment. (Im also a certified wastewater and water operator so id better know this stuff, i just wanted it in the "PE format" instead of my design and operations books.

Any WRE testers here? Anyone have any insight on this?

You can bring in your own calculator.

they will give you scratch paper and a pen.

the PE Civil reference manual is more “abundant” than the FE manual

You also get a pdf of all the references listed at the end of the spec for each discipline.

I am Thankful the reference manual and updated specs came out now so I can start preparing. They added several references to the Geotech depth spec

Happy for you that you’ve already passed the PE 👍🏻
Hi,
Thank you for all useful information in this post I am trying to download the codes from the NCEES but I just can find the reference manual do you know where I can download them so I can practice the search? and when when will be the first date for the PE exam in 2022? because the registration will open in Nov. but when is the exam day?

Back