PE Civil CBT Geotech (Passed Second Try) - Tips, Schedule and Life for the Last 4 Months

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

AngelaK

Reaction score
Congratulation on passing!
How often did you find yourself looking through the references other than the "PE Civil Reference Handbook"?
I'm currently starting to study for the Geotech Depth exam but I'm currently getting overwhelmed at the prospect of having to not only go through the textbooks to learn some of these topics in addition to the Reference handbook but also read through all 16 of these references. Many of which are more than 500 pages in length.
So I guess what I'm asking is, is it worth reading all of these references based on your experience or is there some which you think would be helpful reviewing and others that aren't?
Know your references. Very important. Also, don’t forget the basics. For breadth questions I used only the handbook. Depth, I knew only half the questions roughly. Quarter of it, I could do it with references and I am pretty sure the last quarter send me searching the references multiple times.

dab_org

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap. Congratulations on passing! Any chance you are willing to share your study info?

Jorge Rangel

Reaction score
Know your references. Very important. Also, don’t forget the basics. For breadth questions I used only the handbook. Depth, I knew only half the questions roughly. Quarter of it, I could do it with references and I am pretty sure the last quarter send me searching the references multiple times.
I would like to know if during the geotechnical exam civil breadth I can access to other manuals as: Manual of Non Uniform Transit Devices and AASHTO Green Book.

Latest posts