Pe 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same result. failed,
Well certainly appreciate posting back here with an update. Time to get back on the proverbial horse and hit that test head on in the next cycle. You'll get there. And at least now you have some real experience with the exam and what to expect. Good luck with your studies! :thumbs:

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, if your diagnostic shows 67% as your score and you know you did well enough to pass; it is a good idea to have them manual check everything.

on the other hand, I would not waste my money if my score is in the 45% to 58% range.

Same result. failed,
Jessica,

I'm not sure if this is any sort of consolation, but the April 2018 test appears to have been the most difficult in many years.  Only 54.7% of those sitting for the PE in April passed, with no test having results above 74%, most  with a statically significant number of test takers (a minimum of 30) being below 65%, and some test with a very high number of takers being below 60% (such as 'Civil:Structural' and 'Electrical:power').  Somehow I fell on the passing side of 'Electical:Computers' test (which was one of those below the statistically significant cutoff in participants), so I made sure I went to Church on the afternoon of May 24th (the day I leaned of the miracle) to give thanks for my prayers being answered. :holyness:

Jessica,

I'm not sure if this is any sort of consolation, but the April 2018 test appears to have been the most difficult in many years.  Only 54.7% of those sitting for the PE in April passed, with no test having results above 74%, most  with a statically significant number of test takers (a minimum of 30) being below 65%, and some test with a very high number of takers being below 60% (such as 'Civil:Structural' and 'Electrical:power').  Somehow I fell on the passing side of 'Electical:Computers' test (which was one of those below the statistically significant cutoff in participants), so I made sure I went to Church on the afternoon of May 24th (the day I leaned of the miracle) to give thanks for my prayers being answered. :holyness:
I’d say the decline in passers is a decline in the test takers. 

Back