Passed all Tests. Haven't heard from CA BPELSG

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip_Roberts

Reaction score
Hello,

I passed all 3 required tests in CA for my Civil PE. I was informed by BPELSG that I passed the final test (Seismic) on June 6th. I still haven't gotten my PE number or any correspondence from BPELSG. Other colleagues that passed in the same time frame have already gotten their PE number. Any idea what I should do here? I sent an email to BPELSG a few days ago and haven't heard back.

Thanks,

Philip Roberts

Hello,

I passed all 3 required tests in CA for my Civil PE. I was informed by BPELSG that I passed the final test (Seismic) on June 6th. I still haven't gotten my PE number or any correspondence from BPELSG. Other colleagues that passed in the same time frame have already gotten their PE number. Any idea what I should do here? I sent an email to BPELSG a few days ago and haven't heard back.

Thanks,

Philip Roberts
Aloha,

I'm on the same boat as Philip... I thought it was different because I'm out of state - living in Hawaii but relocating to CA by the end of the year? Passed all exams as well and it's been over a month since I received the "pass" notification on my last outstanding Seismic Principles exam, passed the Surveying a couple of years back. I'm a licensed P.E. in Hawaii.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Mahalo much.

Go online to bplseg and under online verifications type in your name to see if you have been issued a license number. Mine posted online before I received any word

This is the response the CA Board sends out when inquiring about license status:

License numbers are issued every other week for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement. Once the Systems Analyst completes the verification process and it is determined you qualify for licensure, your license number will be issued. Your PE license number will then appear in ‘License Lookup’ on the CA Board’s website: License Lookup - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists. Please note that the verification process may take 2-4 weeks after passing all required exams.

Your wall certificate will be mailed to you in approximately 4 to 6 weeks after your license is issued. You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks after your license is issued.

In accordance with PE Act §6764, each professional engineer shall, upon licensure, obtain a seal or stamp. Please refer to Board Rules §411 for specific information about licensee seal and signature requirements. PE Act and Board Rules may be found on the Board’s website: Laws and Regulations - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.

If your contact information has changed since you submitted your application, complete the address change form located on the Board’s website: Online Address Change Form - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.

Any other questions regarding licensure should be directed to your Evaluator. Please visit the Contact Us page of our website for their information: Contact Information - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.

Go online to bplseg and under online verifications type in your name to see if you have been issued a license number. Mine posted online before I received any word
Yep, I’ve been checking every few days. I passed the final state test for civil 2 months ago now. Still waiting…

I finally got my license number yesterday. It took 2 months
This seems like such a common question. In my opinion, the board should charge a little more on all of their fees and upgrade their system instead of this manual opaque process- more akin to the NCEES website. I’m sure it is not cheap but this is the new millenium. Paper checks as the only method, still? I’m sure it will never happen, lol.

Back