October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
But, honestly, even after a decade in this country I can’t get used to all the talks about minorities, etc…
Just be a good human and a fine professional and it will lead to a success no matter what.
I just wanted to make a point that in some countries civil engineering office jobs are mostly occupied by female engineers. I apologize if I made it sound unethical.
Dude, that's not the part of what you said that's a problem.

The problem is where you minimized the struggles of women and minorities by telling them that even if they are treated unequally, they should suck it up and focus on their "skillset."

Again, it doesn't matter where you're from or what language was your first, it's not that hard to respect women. #BeBetter

Hi friend. I took structural depth for the first time this October and don't have results. My plan for the red box is to try structural in the CBT format at least two times before visiting the idea of switching depth. Not sure if that helps, but that's my approach.
You got this, I am so impatiently waiting for your good news, I was in the same state of mind and even started looking for CBT info, this wait is a pure torture didn't sleep all night just starting at my phone screen. I am still praying for you. we, mommies got this.

New Jersey has done that in the past. It may still be next week but I sort of doubt it'll be as long as Wednesday.

Fellow Ohioan wondering, are there any updates on this?
I followed up with a couple people at the board about this and they're checking into it. NCEES still does not have the necessary authority, but we are seeing changes in the OH State license lookup if they have entered your results. A couple people on reddit have said they're seeing changes from "Exam Eligible" to "Fee Required."

As tempting as it is, please stop emailing/calling the State boards asking for updates. All it does is slow down the process for everyone.
Also this. The state board of OH is 100% bogged down but we made them aware of the issue and now we just have to, unfortunately, continue to wait.

Dude, that's not the part of what you said that's a problem.

The problem is where you minimized the struggles of women and minorities by telling them that even if they are treated unequally, they should suck it up and focus on their "skillset."

Again, it doesn't matter where you're from or what language was your first, it's not that hard to respect women. #BeBetter
I don’t know where I disrespected women.

In my area of US, I’ve never seen anyone in 10 years discriminated based on gender, origin, or skin tone. People in my area get fired and hired purely based on their professional qualities, both in offices and construction job sites. That is why I put “skillset” first and try to encourage younger professionals to concentrate on that rather than constantly think that they will be discriminated for certain reasons and it will limit their carrier growth…
Alright, the conversation went too much sideways… I didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. Back to the exam results.

@jean15paul_PE, I am not sure if it was you but remember seeing in this thread that someone took the PE exam after 14 years of experience, I think it was you? anyways same here 14 years in structural design & initially 2 years in architectural design my bachelor was architectural engineering! never too late I guess 😜. On the exam day many seemed to be in their late twenties, with my late thirties felt really old but thanks to SE people I Wasn't the oldest one in the room hahaha.

@jean15paul_PE, I am not sure if it was you but remember seeing in this thread that someone took the PE exam after 14 years of experience, I think it was you? anyways same here 14 years in structural design & initially 2 years in architectural design my bachelor was architectural engineering! never too late I guess 😜. On the exam day many seemed to be in their late twenties, with my late thirties felt really old but thanks to SE people I Wasn't the oldest one in the room hahaha.
I'm 46 and have 19 years experience in electrical power, but with a degree in mechanical. When I took the P/P, I was one of the older ones in the room, but not the oldest. You're right, it's never too late!

Back