October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since SE exam registration period is starting the 13th (still pencil &paper exam) and usually they release results before the registration period starts, also SE results
IIRC, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think they release date and the registration date are connected. In the past, results would come out after the registration window opened. And in some years, some States released near or after the registration window closed for the April exam. *cough* Pennsylvania *cough*.

also SE results usually come after Pe results like few days later,
SE always follows PE, but that's because the SE grading is more labor intensive and takes longer. I seem to recall someone on here or reddit, doing a historical comparison of PE and SE release dates for April and October. I *think* they saw a pattern, but I don't recall if it was a strong pattern or not. I've never tracked SE released patterns and don't have a feel for it.

I literally feel like a child waiting for Santa.
I liken release day to Christmas morning.

It's kinda sad that this is the last one.
Don't get me wrong: the transition should have happened years ago. But it's still the end of an era.

ONLY 7 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL WE MIGHT MAYBE GET RESULTS
I guess you don't like to take naps? ;)

IIRC, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think they release date and the registration date are connected. In the past, results would come out after the registration window opened. And in some years, some States released near or after the registration window closed for the April exam. *cough* Pennsylvania *cough*.

SE always follows PE, but that's because the SE grading is more labor intensive and takes longer. I seem to recall someone on here or reddit, doing a historical comparison of PE and SE release dates for April and October. I *think* they saw a pattern, but I don't recall if it was a strong pattern or not. I've never tracked SE released patterns and don't have a feel for it.
I am no expert, just a 2 cents analysis, based on few previous years release dates compared to registration period window. I am sure you have been following more all those last years, I am a newbie just 7 months ago I had no clue about what I am talking about right now :LOL:

I seem to recall someone on here or reddit, doing a historical comparison of PE and SE release dates for April and October. I *think* they saw a pattern, but I don't recall if it was a strong pattern or not. I've never tracked SE released patterns and don't have a feel for it.

Found it, at least for the October exams:
https://engineerboards.com/threads/...period-welcome-to-the-suck.34504/post-7599855
There's no airtight predictive pattern here. Yeah, it happens about a week or so after the SE scoring meeting, but not something obvious like always X days later. I think we can conclude it's all post hoc ergo propter hoc.

And I'll bump this post too:
https://engineerboards.com/threads/...period-welcome-to-the-suck.34504/post-7599900

I feel like it’s gonna be this week. I know it’s contrary to everything I’ve been saying and to all conventional logic, but I’ve never really had a feeling for when results should be out, but this time I do. So I’m gonna say Tuesday, Nov. 30.

I feel like it’s gonna be this week. I know it’s contrary to everything I’ve been saying and to all conventional logic, but I’ve never really had a feeling for when results should be out, but this time I do. So I’m gonna say Tuesday, Nov. 30.
November? Bold choice! I like it.

tomorrow 😭 o_O

Back