October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, guys, guys! I just realized why we haven't gotten results yet.

It's because I forgot adjust my advent calendar to today's date. Of course! I'm such a nugget. Now that I have adjusted the advent calendar appropriately, NOW we should get results. Right? RIGHT?!

Thanks. To be fair, TN was Day 2 in your Oct. 2019 map and has been released on Day 1 today. That is the first such state so far as I can tell.
True. it could happen, but Florida's been day 2 for a while now, and the delay has been pretty high profile - with lots of finger pointing -  each time. They clearly have some internal thing that takes awhile that needs to happen before the release happens.

Guys, guys, guys! I just realized why we haven't gotten results yet.

It's because I forgot adjust my advent calendar to today's date. Of course! I'm such a nugget. Now that I have adjusted the advent calendar appropriately, NOW we should get results. Right? RIGHT?!
Hopefully you have one of those Advent calendars from Aldi with the mini bottles of booze in it!

If  the cut off is above 50 for structural in Florida, I guess I might fail.. this is my first time

Is the cut-off almost same for every state ?
cut off is the same across all states for a given discipline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the disappearance, but I passed Water Resources in SC! Had to get some BBQ to celebrate, but in case anyone is curious I did the civil engineering academy course and didn't focus as heavily on the afternoon section. Seemed to work out pretty well. Just spent a good bit of time working problems and made myself some really good references

Still nothing from NY either...Unless for some reason they're messing with me like they did the entire application process...Wouldn't surprise me at this point...

Man, I did well on the AM...73%, but bombed the PM in 3 categories.  Seems like the average of those who passed aced the AM, cuz the PM was brutal.  On the AM I missed 1 or 2 and was to the left of average pass.  We'll get'em next year.  Seems I was close, only needing 6-9 more correct is my guess.

Last time I took the exam, I observed some states reporting results around 4 PM, so nobody give up just yet! But yeah, we're definitely burning daylight here as it's almost 3 PM and NCEES closes a little after 5.

This day is getting too long after that fail result... I just want to go home sleep and stuff my face in cookies 😭😭 I should have seen that coming with how 2020 has been. I was hoping to give April 2020 and was pushed to October crowd.... I feel blah seeing all pass results 😭😭 but i am happy for u but still 😭😭 just another 6-7 correct 😭🤬😡😰😂🤯 

It was my first time, and to be honest,  i feel like i was misguided by the official NCEES sample exam that was way easier than the real PE. Am i the only one???
I didn't feel like any of the practice exams I took truly prepared me for the juggernaut that was the Civil: Structrual PE exam.

Back