October 2019 Exam!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone here have a good theoretical practice questions kind of if am saying it right, anyway something to help if I had to retake the test which is very possible sadly, but I have to have something to help with theoretical part because I was covered for problems since I had a lot of practice problems for morning and I was prepared for the geo part as well I mean numerical ones. this is long wait for the results isn't am going crazy 

does anyone here have a good theoretical practice questions kind of if am saying it right, anyway something to help if I had to retake the test which is very possible sadly, but I have to have something to help with theoretical part because I was covered for problems since I had a lot of practice problems for morning and I was prepared for the geo part as well I mean numerical ones. this is long wait for the results isn't am going crazy 
I think the word you're looking for is "conceptual," and unfortunately, I don't really know of many good practice questions. Most of the ones I did were quantitative, as well. The Geotechnical a Engineer's Portable Handbook, by Robert Day is a solid reference for addressing conceptual problems, but as far as practice problems, I don't have much.

Double unfortunately, we're probably going to be waiting until the second week of December for results. Sorry, my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be only a couple of Geotechnical examinees that have posted since the exam.  I would be interested to know how other fellow Geo's felt about the exam.  Come on guys...it's therapeutic! :waiting:  
Made an account to join in...  I feel like I did well on the exam.  As others have said, I didn't expect so many conceptual questions in the depth, but I don't think they were overly tricky!  Overall feeling pretty confident about the pass here.

Made an account to join in...  I feel like I did well on the exam.  As others have said, I didn't expect so many conceptual questions in the depth, but I don't think they were overly tricky!  Overall feeling pretty confident about the pass here.
Awesome, well good luck on your results and welcome to EB!

I think the word you're looking for is "conceptual," and unfortunately, I don't really know of many good practice questions. Most of the ones I did were quantitative, as well. The Geotechnical a Engineer's Portable Handbook, by Robert Day is a solid reference for addressing conceptual problems, but as far as practice problems, I don't have much.

Double unfortunately, we're probably going to be waiting until the second week of December for results. Sorry, my friend.
thank for that, I do have that book and used as well during the exam. 

why do you think it would be till the 2nd week of December! my first attempt I took the test October 27th and received results on December 4th. if I'll pass that's fine I can wait 😂

why do you think it would be till the 2nd week of December! my first attempt I took the test October 27th and received results on December 4th. if I'll pass that's fine I can wait 
The Control Systems exam has a new specification this cycle, so they'll probably end up scheduling the cut score meeting for that exam in the first week of December. It wasn't scheduled for anytime in November the last time NCEES released a circular. Once that meeting is complete, results should follow within about a week.

The Control Systems exam has a new specification this cycle, so they'll probably end up scheduling the cut score meeting for that exam in the first week of December. It wasn't scheduled for anytime in November the last time NCEES released a circular. Once that meeting is complete, results should follow within about a week.
oh interesting! I guess you're the first one I'll check with on the results

any news about the results? I tried to contact NCEES and the board but the typical answer of 8 to 10 weeks. it would be 6 weeks this Friday and it usually should be this week just hate this wait so stressed already 😣

Back