October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of adding jump rope to my off days. I hadn't jumped rope since grade school! I did it on Saturday, and on Sunday I wasn't feeling too bad. But this morning my calves were so tight and sore I couldn't straighten out my legs and I could hardly walk! Now I'm walking around the office like an old man.

I remember back in the day jumping rope was nothing! We could probably go for hours without getting tired. Now, after like 10 minutes, I'm done.
I started jump rope on Saturday. I can't walk.

Are you following a specific plan, or just jumping? I didn't follow anything specific, just did like 3 rounds of 5x 30 sec bursts with 10 sec rests between.
Just jumping for now. Doing a "hold it for the holidays" challenge with coworkers but I'm *attempting* to continue to lose weight through the holidays. So, I'm just adding jumping to the mix because with house renovations going on at the same time (I'm doing all the work), I don't have a huge amount of free time.

My technique SUCKS though, so part of this is just to train up and get good at it to make it useful. Are you a fasty, spinny, skippy jumper? If so, TEACH ME.

But yeah, solo dog parenting right now. Never had a dog growing up. And already have gone to the vet - one does not mess around with bloody poo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back