OCTOBER 2017 PE EXAM

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have made huge improvements since my husband took the exam 11 years ago. And starting in 2018 with CBT, (for select exams of course) results will come even faster!
CBT exam will not be open book. Reference material will be provided onscreen. Looks like NCEES will write a reference handbook like for the FE.

The ME PE exam will transition to CBT somewhere in the 2019-2021 timeframe. 

It looks as if the April examinees received their exam results on the 25th of May which would be the day right before the week 5 mark. Hopefully NCEES will continue the trend and do the same for the October exam. If that's the case we could possibly expect to see exam grades around November 30th-31st. If not, I am sure we will be able to see results the following week. 

I am just ready to know if I passed or failed the exam already!

It looks as if the April examinees received their exam results on the 25th of May which would be the day right before the week 5 mark. Hopefully NCEES will continue the trend and do the same for the October exam. If that's the case we could possibly expect to see exam grades around November 30th-31st. If not, I am sure we will be able to see results the following week. 

Ok, well 5 weeks ain't too bad. That's pretty reasonable actually. I guess they just say 8-10 weeks to do the classic "set the bar low and then over-perform". That's my go-to strategy all the time at work....

if you look back at the last few years of october tests, though, they tend to release EARLIEST on a day before the 6 week mark.... so it's more likely we get something on December 7th.

if you look back at the last few years of october tests, though, they tend to release EARLIEST on a day before the 6 week mark.... so it's more likely we get something on December 7th.
There is no holiday in the spring that causes a delay, Thanksgiving adds a week in the fall.

I took HVAC and I think I did pretty well. Skipped one question in the morning, and skipped one in the afternoon. Answered all the "general knowledge" questions that didn't require any calculation, but circled a few to come back and revisit. Finished both sessions with over an hour left and had plenty of time to revisit the ones I circled. Only 2 questions out of the 80 I didn't arrive at an answer that was one of the four choices. So here's to hoping I didn't get "tricked" 15 to 20 times lol.

I thought the NCEES practice tests were a good representation of the exam. Now of course the questions didn't ask you the same exact things the practice exam did, but if you actually knew the topics well, and not just memorize how to solve the practice exam, then you could easy figure out that they're asking you something slightly different and you need this variable instead of this one, etc...

I'll post a lengthy review of my study process and what were the best review materials in the main thread once I get confirmation that I passed. Fingers still crossed until then lol.
I found it to be very difficult, due to lots of grammar errors as well as lots of application questions that resulting in spending time in all 4 ASHRAE books. I'm wondering did we take the same test.   Did you pass??

reading through these posts, i'm getting worried.

either most of the questions on my exam completely went over my head (now i don't remember what they were) and i misread to completely answer in the wrong way

or

everyone gets a different set of questions.

i thought the hvac test was really simple. But since people are here saying they had many 'wtf moments' i'm thinking that maybe i oversimplified everything in my head.
Does anyone know if there were multiple test??  I found tons of grammar errors in mind.  I did NOT think it was like the practice exam at all, which I can do with my eyes closed!

I found it to be very difficult, due to lots of grammar errors as well as lots of application questions that resulting in spending time in all 4 ASHRAE books. I'm wondering did we take the same test.   Did you pass??
I did pass. I also spent a significant amount of time in the ASHRAE books. Did you do the six minute solutions and PPI practice test? They both have quite a few practice problems that would force you to practice using the ASHRAE books.

I did SMS, in which I'm fairly comfortable and NCEES, which I personally think didn't perpared me.  

What PPI practice exam do you have? What is the full name? There are a few.

Thanks!

I did SMS, in which I'm fairly comfortable and NCEES, which I personally think didn't perpared me.  

What PPI practice exam do you have? What is the full name? There are a few.

Thanks!
The TFS SMS is terrible.   I torched mine in a campfire. 
default_true.gif

Passed HVAC..2nd attempt..other than going over ncees practice exam, SMS, lindeburg practice exams several times..added Justin's sample test and guide to the list..very helpful..and off course ASHRAE (all 4 books)..tabbed the hell out of these books..lastly I enrolled in school of pe..their HVAC course goes thru the basic fundamentals for the most part..I do not think it was exam oriented..which was not helpful at all..that's my opinion..Good luck to you all..

Back